10 Cult Beauty Product Favourites To Try
I used to solely be a fashion girl. I was obsessed with the latest collaborations between designer and merchandiser, I lived and breathed fashion magazines and my internet activities consisted of looking at photos on Style.com. Now, I still love me some Gucci and Prada but I've come to realize that the world of beauty might even be more interesting (blasphemy, I know).
Once you get into beauty, and I mean, really into beauty you realize that there is a whole other universe of these die-hard makeup addicts. And they all worship a few miracle products that they swear by. Hence the term 'cult faves'. These are products that have a dedicated following of beauty junkies that have been tried and tested to deliver gorgeous results. Now this is by no means a full and comprehensive list and if given the time, I am sure any beauty geek worth her mascara could give me at least 30 'must have' products. However, these are 10 products that we staffers and you chicks definitely rave over!
1. MAC Russian Red Lipstick (C$17.50) is what you need when you're on the hunt for a bold, red lip. Definitely signature colour-worthy.
2. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm (C$50.00) was also included in our 'Morning After Makeup' article because it's multi-tasking product that hydrates, brightens and tightens.
Dior Diorshow Mascara (C$31.00) is a prize winner in our eyes. It gives that full, thick and doe eyed look with just a swipe.
4. I've been dying to get my hands on Alpha H Liquid Gold (C$50.56) since I heard beauty bloggers talk about how amazing it is. It's hard to come by but if you do get your hands on it, you're a lucky lady. It's a resurfacing lotion that helps to firm your skin.
5. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant (C$25.00) protects and heals dry, chapped skin. Making it winter weather perfect.
1. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (C$11.00) works. Seriously, it delivers.
2. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (US$155.00) has a big following in Asia. It promises to improve texture and clarity for a more beautiful, glowing complexion.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat (C$50.00) is a highlighter/concealer hybrid that illuminates your skin.
4. Urban Decay Primer Potion (C$24.00) is probably one of the best eyeshadow primers that I have personally used. It doesn't crease and everything stays put.
5. Nars Blush in Orgasm (C$32.00), I mean, how could we not mention this one? This blush is iconic, the formula and colour are fan faves.
Have you used any of these before? Which is your favourite?
What cult beauty product would you add to this list?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Skin Care, Best of Beauty
You May Also Like
Elizabeth Arden is one of my fav's !!
Great list of products. YSL Touche Eclat, UD Primer potion, and Seche Vite Top Coat are definitely some of my staple items. I agree about the NARS blushes - they're the best. :)
I've been wanting to buy the primer potion for so long. All the Youtube beauty gurus love it too, so it must be good!
The EA cream looks divine!
The only mac thing I use is their lipsticks (ok I lie I'm also trying to finish my studio sculpt foundation 'cuz its actually quite decent quality). I love their viva-glam 5 and I found my nude in Frekletone.
I have to say, I love my blush and I was using cheapie one, then I went to a stila which is still good and I use it on a regular basis, and then I went to a NARS and omg.... BEST. Love it so much.
I want to try the NARS blush, because so many peoplelove it and I never usually use blush. I also want to try the Clarins beauty flash balm because I have yet to find a great moisturizer for my skin. If I would add a product it would be my Revlon liquid eyeliner pen. I swear by that thing. It makes liquid eyeliner application easy as cake.
I haven't tried any of these products, but am a fan of Elizabeth Arden products.
I love NARS orgasm blush! Amazing!!
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (482)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (71)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (53)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (196)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (162)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (357)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (52)