10 No-Heat Meals To Keep Your Summer Cool
When the summer hits us here in Toronto, the heat hits, too. And I don't know about you, but the last thing I want to do when it gets crazy sweltering hot out, is to slave away over an equally sweltering hot stove. When it's too hot out to cook, what should you do? Why, reach for this handy list of 10 dish ideas that require very little or no heat!
1. Gazpacho: This chilled soup is refreshing and uses great seasonal ingredients. There are also some great variations of this recipe. Try this recipe for goat cheese gazpacho.
(images via savourthesenseblog.com)
2. Chickpea Salad with Cumin and Garlic: You can buy chickpeas canned, which means no heat required! They're also packed with protein and inexpensive. Recipe over here.
3. Platters: When it gets really hot out, I love to chow down on a simple platter of nibbles instead of a full meal. Try antipasto ingredients like olives and dips like hummus. Best of all, platters are customized to your tastes and ingredients on hand - there are no rules to follow. Try our recipe for a rustic platter for a few ideas!
4. Crab Roll: You can totally substitute imitation crab for crab. It's still delicious and great for picnics. The instructions are right here.
5. Ceviche Taco: I adore ceviche and I adore tacos, so this one is perfect for me. It's a bit more of a challenge to pull off but super tasty. Here's the how-to.
6. Mozzarella Tomato Avocado Salad: Very simple to put together and great as a meal or side dish. Check it out.
7. Crockpot Lasagna Ok, so not technically no heat, but since it's on low heat for a few hours you can leave the house and come back with dinner all prepared. Want to learn how to make it?
8. Roast Beef Salad: A hearty salad that has no cooking but still satisfies. Read more over here.
9. Spring Rolls: These are so fresh and flavourful! Pair with a sauce and you are good to go.
10. No Machine Ice Cream: Time for dessert! Try this recipe that needs only 2 ingredients and you are finished!
What do you make on those super hot summer days?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Recipes, Entertaining, Food
Potato salad is my go-to no heat summer dish, and I love making fresh rolls with crunchy veggies and mango
OMG I love ceviche! Ceviche Tacos sound amazing right now!
Pasta/potato salad, fried eggplant or anything on the BBQ.
YUM!I love making those rice wraps...They are perfect for summer...The tomato,mozza,avocado salad looks so good!
Some great ideas to try!
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (63)
Career & Finance (66)
ChickAdvisor Events (106)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (543)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (40)
Gift Guide (77)
Hands & Feet (112)
Makeup Tutorials (57)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (83)
Posing Wall (126)
Product Review Club (81)
Runway Fashion (205)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (202)
Street Style (47)
Style Guide (384)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (55)