15 Lip Colours To Try for Valentine's Day
Pucker up, ladies! It's one week until V Day and in the spirit of Valentine's, we decided to put together a round up of the hottest shades of reds, pinks, corals and everything in between for your sexiest pout yet. So take a gander at our bevy of gorgeous hues to find the perfect match for love day!
Pro Tip #1: To make your lip colour more pigmented, opaque and last longer, first cover lips in concealer, then fill in with a liner and over top apply your lip colour with a brush. If you're doing a dark oxblood lip (a la Fall 2012), you can actually use a dark eyeliner instead of a lip liner.
1. Paul & Joe Beaute Lipstick in Belle Epoque (C$22.00)
2. Clarins Rouge Eclat Satin FInish Age Defying Lipstick in Pink Fuchsia (C$26.00)
3. NYX Cosmetics Round Lipstick in Eros (C$6.00)
4. L'Oreal Colour Riche Serum Anti-Aging Lipcolour in Pucker Up Pink (C$10.99)
5. Hard Candy All Glossed Up Lip Stain in Love Bite (C$4.98)
6. L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Lilac Ever After (C$9.99)
7. Smashbox Love Me Be Legendary Lipstick in Tempt Me (C$22.00)
Pro Tip #2: Before applying a colour, always start with a clean lip. Try a lip exfoliator to get rid of flaking.
1. Lush The Kiss Lip Balm (C$8.95)
2. Bite Matte Pastille Creme Lipstick in Lilac (C$28.00)
3. Joe Fresh Matte Lipstick in Melon (C$6.00)
4. Illamasqua Lipstick in Box (C$29.00)
5. Dolce & Gabbana Monica Voluptuous Lipstick in Chic Monica 100 (C$33.00)
6. Bite Cinnamon Plumping Lip Oil (C$25.00)
7. Burberry Lip Glow in Fondant Pink No.21 (C$30.00)
8. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery (C$29.00)
Pro Tip #3: Keep in mind that matte lipsticks, while usually bolder and longer lasting can be very drying. Creamy, glossier or semi-matte formulas will be more hydrating.
What's your go to date night or special occasion lip colour?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face
I reviewed L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain last week, this is my new favourite stain. Check out the review for more info:
Ohh really like the Clarins pink fushia one! But $26, not so much.
Love this one, and now that I think of it, I don't have any lipstick ATM. These lip balms are simply awesome. L'Oreal Colour Riche Serum Anti-Aging Lipcolour in Pucker Up Pink
I love this advice! I'm still trying new shades that work for me.
i really wanna try the hard candy lip stains out, they arent out in stores yet are they?
Bite Matte Pastille Creme Lipstick in Lilac is one I really wanna try!
I have a lipstick obsession. Love this article! I want to try the illamasqua stuff.
Clear lipgloss with some sparkle... It's less obvious when it wears off after eating and drinking :)
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (472)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (69)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (52)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (195)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (157)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (352)
Videos We Love (58)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (51)