3 Date Night Looks + New Beauty Products and Must-Haves!
With your hot date impending, you've already decided on a fabulously chic outfit (not too revealing, but showing just enough) and you're feeling pretty good. Then, you realize that there's just one more thing that completely slipped your mind: your makeup. What type of look should you go for? You want to look pretty, put together, definitely not over the top and you need your makeup to last through anything from rock climbing to salsa dancing.
Don't worry. Finding the perfect look isn't hard, at least not when you have us around. We've rounded up some of our favourite new products for the summer and a few must-haves for your purse perfect for any dating occasion. Whether you'll be playing frisbee in the park or catching a movie, you'll be looking flawless (and of course, very kissable) all night long.
Look #1 - Dinner and Drinks: Long lasting and pigmented are your keywords for this look. You'll be out at night, so you'll want to define your features. At the same time, you want to be sure that your makeup stays put (especially through sweating, nervousness or other unmentionables).
1. NARS Foreplay Palette (C$58.00): A blush and highlighter combination palette gives a bit of shimmer and colour and also helps to define your cheekbones.
2. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (US$8.99): Promises long lasting, pigmented colour to stand up through eating and drinking.
3. Lancome Vernis in Love in 453 Infusion de Prune (C$16.00, available September 2012): A burst of vampy, bold colour on your nails gives you a bit of extra confidence and pulls a look together.
4. Shiseido Makeup Radiant Lifting Foundation (C$48.00, available September 2012): Choose a full coverage foundation to conceal any blemishes. Also a great product if you'll be doing your makeup in the morning and won't have time to reapply.
Look #2 - Cultural and Casual: For this look, think your natural beauty but just enhanced. The goal isn't to make you look different, just to show off your already gorgeous features and assets. Play around with your makeup too, while keeping your look balanced. Try a bold lip with natural eyes or voluminous lashes with little to no eyeliner.
1. Benefit How to Look the Best in Everything Flawless Complexion Makeup Kit (C$36.00): This kit has everything you need to create a beautiful canvas. A light foundation with a concealer gives you a natural looking skintone.
2. Shiseido Makeup Lacquer Rouge in Nymph (C$30.00, available August 20): One coat is all it takes! This is a glossy lipstick in a bold colour that also leaves your lips soft. Perfect for throwing in a purse, too.
3. Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Mascara (C$7.99, available August 2012): Gives you thick lashes with the added benefit of a waterproof formula.
Look #3 - Outdoorsy: Minimal, natural and pretty is the look we're after here. You want to look fresh faced but polished.
1. Aveeno Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo (C$7.99, available August 2012): Adds volume and texture to flat hair.
2. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (C$10.49): A BB cream provides a sheer layer of coverage but also moisturises.
3. Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Tiger Lily (C$7.99): Keeps your lips soft and adds a bit of colour. Keep the colour similar to your own natural one.
4. Benefit Go TropiCoral Turn up the Heat Lip & Cheek Kit (C$32.00): Highlighters and blush give a rosy cheeked glow.
The Must-Haves: Pre, post and during date prep!
1. Secret Natural Mineral Eucalyptus Blossom Deodorant (C$5.49): Keep your cool ladies!
2. Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel (C$19.99, available July 2012): The night before, treat your skin to a little TLC with a mask or peel.
3. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray (C$35.00): Put 2-3 spritzes of this on your face to set your makeup and you're good for the night.
4. Crest 3D White Whitestrips Intensive Professional Effects, Dental Whitening Kit (C$69.99): Get those pearly whites in tip top shape before a big date.
5. Tatcha Petal Fresh Original Aburatorigami Blotting Papers (US$12.00): Keep on hand and blot throughout the night to reduce oiliness and a shiny nose.
Do you have any beauty tips or tricks for a date night? What do you keep in your purse?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face
My must haves are a mirror, lip color, foundation, deodorant, and a hair tie. I've also been wanting to try the setting spray seen in the last set but it seems a wee bit expensive.
I always bring along a brush, mirror, lip balm and perfume! Best date kit ever.
On a date I always have a water bottle, for my hair not to drink, just in case of some frizz action happening. I also carry my eyeliner, lipstick with gloss, Mascara and deodorant. Especially if we go to a bar, I love to dance and I get heated up pretty quickly. Just never know when you will need to freshen up.Better to be over prepared for anything that comes my way.
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (472)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (69)
Hands & Feet (96)
Makeup Tutorials (52)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (195)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (157)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (352)
Videos We Love (58)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (51)
Articles ArchiveBrowse articles by date
MyStyle commented on We're Obsessed With... Leopard Print