5 Nail Polish and Lipstick Colour Pairings to Wear this Spring
Though the weather may not be indicating it, spring is almost upon us and there's no better way to kick off the spring season than with some new beauty collections!
Lipstick and nail polish are two of my favourite beauty products because not only are they the icing on the cake, they're also an easy way to inject some springtime fun and colour into a winter outfit. Think of them as your pre-spring beauty products!
Here are 5 trendy lip and polish colour combos for spring that will take your outfit to the next chic level:
1. Pop Beauty Stain Stay Lip Stain in Brick Beauty (C$18.00) + Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Tarred (C$12.00): This past fall and winter was all about the neo goth, continue the trend into spring, but lighten it up by mixing a black polish with a bright red lipstain.
2. Lancome Rouge in Love Lipcolor in 391N Fierry Attitude (C$25.00) + Sephora O.P.I. Nail Colour in Metro Too Chic (C$12.00): Oxblood was the 'it' colour for fall 2012. For spring 2013 take a twist on the oxblood and go for berry tones. We think it looks luxurious with a two tone, iridescent purple.
3. Dolce & Gabana Monica Voluptuous Lipstick (C$32.00) + Zoya Nail Polish in Blu (US$8.00): A feminine pink goes well with a sky blue for a soft, subtle and pretty look.
4. NYX Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose (C$9.00) + Jin Soon Nail Lacquer in Tulle (C$22.00): Nudes and neutrals are one of the biggest trends for spring (it was all over the Golden Globes red carpet). A nude nail goes well with a 'your lip but better' pink, nude colour.
5. Bite High Pigment Matte Pencil in Quince (C$24.00) + Butter London Nail Lacquer in Jasper (C$17.00): A bright and bold magenta matte lip goes nicely with a cheery and fun buttery yellow polish.
Which lipstick and nail polish pairing is your favourite?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Hands & Feet
I would like to mix and match a few of these. Lovely mix Chic's! Hoping to get to try some of these. Never leave the house without my lipstick!
Awesome! I like them all. I'd take any of them if I had the chance, haha.
Love 3, 4 5. Super cute and different. Really love that Zoya nailpolish!
I really love #2,3, and 4! But #4 is my faourite!
#3 would be my favourite! :)
I'll take the Bite in Quince & Butter London!
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (66)
Blogs We Love (63)
Career & Finance (66)
ChickAdvisor Events (108)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (576)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (40)
Gift Guide (79)
Hands & Feet (112)
Makeup Tutorials (58)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (123)
Parties & People (85)
Posing Wall (128)
Product Review Club (82)
Runway Fashion (207)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (215)
Street Style (47)
Style Guide (392)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (56)