5 Wearable Spring 2013 Beauty Trends
For spring 2013, I'm putting out a beauty challenge for all you chicks. Here it is: I challenge you to try something new with your beauty regime!
In beauty, as is the case with most things in life, there's a satisfication and a freeing feeling that comes with injecting something brand new into your routine. You never know what you'll discover when you try something new. You might learn something about yourself; perhaps you'll find a new favourite or figure out that something doesn't work.
Spring is the perfect time to try this out. Just think of it as a different type of spring cleaning. To get you started on this challenge, I have five trends fro you that are hot off the spring 2013 runways.
#1 - 1990's Grunge Inspiration: Think natural and underdone hair. Contoured cheeks. Subtle smoky eyes and lined upper and lower lid. Brows shouldn't be overplucked. Dusty and berry lip colours or a 'you but better' lip shade.
(images via fashionmagazine.com, stylebistro.com, stylebistro.com, beautyblitz.com)
Try it with:
1. Bobbi Brown Lip Liner (C$27.00)
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (C$52.00)
3. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Creme Contour (C$33.00)
4. CoverGirl Liquiline Blast Eyeliner (C$9.99)
5. Becca Beach Tint (C$30.00)
#2 - Lush Lashes: There's definitely a nod to mod with this trend (a la Twiggy). Big, full lashes open the eye and focus attention. Add a sheer wash of colour on the lid or a smoky eye, frame the eye with a groomed brow and then have just a hint of blush.
(images via fashionmagazine.com, vogue.co.uk)
Try it with:
1. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara (C$10.99)
2. Dolce & Gabbana Intenseyes Black Intensity Mascara (C$32.00)
3. Maybelline Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara (C$10.09)
4. Benefit They're Real! Mascara (C$29.00)
5. CoverGirl LastBlast Clump Crusher Mascara (C$9.99)
#3 - Blues: This isn't the cringe-worthy 1980's blue shadow we've come to know (and hate). These cobalt, aqua or teal tinted blues are bright and modern. The trick is moderation: don't overdo it on the blue and keep the rest of your makeup in the peachy/pink family.
(images via fashionmagazine.com, stylebistro.com, beautyeditor.ca, fashionologie.com)
Try it with:
1. Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner (C$26.00)
2. Make Up For Ever Eyeshadow (C$23.00)
3. Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Luminizing Eyeshadow (C$12.09)
4. Elizabeth Arden Limited Edition Bold Eye Pencil (C$22.00)
5. CoverGirl Smoky ShadowBlast Eyeshadow (C$9.99)
#4 - Bold, Matte Lips: We've been seeing bold lips on the runway for a few seasons, but this spring it's all about the matte, non glossy finish. Opt for reds, corals, oranges and fuchsias.
(images via princeofscots.com, vogue.co.uk, fashionmagazine.com, fashionmagazine.com)
1. Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede (C$11.99)
2. Nars Pure Matte Lipstick (C$32.00)
3. Joe Fresh Matte Lipstick (C$6.00)
4. Bite High Pigment Matte Pencil (C$28.00)
5. Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick (C$23.00)
#5 - Minimalist Makeup: Velvety skin, glowing but not quite dewy. Contoured cheeks and jaw bone and very little or even no mascara. Focus on skincare, not makeup.
(images via fashionmagazine.com, vogue.co.uk, stylebistro.com, fashionmagazine.com)
Try it with:
1. MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (C$29.00)
2. Too Faced Hot Cocoa Collection (C$26.00)
3. Maybelline Great Lash in Clear (C$7.59)
4. Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen (C$41.00)
5. B.Kamins Corrective Mattifier (C$54.00)
Are you up for the challenge? Which of these spring trends are you going to try out? What will you do differently in you beauty routine this spring?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face
I love when the things I do naturally everyday suddenly become trendy.
lush lashes and bold mate lips...LOVE!!!!
I hear what a lot of people are saying about the the blue eye makeup. A nice alternative is a dark or navy blue eyeliner on the top lid only, as an alternative to black or brown. It's still very classic and wearable, but just adds a little something different. It's a very 'French' look and I love it with simple make up like nude eyeshadow, light blush a nude / light pink lip.
I also have to say that I'm not sure I'm on board with the matte lipsticks. Some which have at least a little sheen to them are nice, but the really matte ones make lips look almost unhealthy IMO.
Plush lashes and blue (though not worn quite like in the pics above) would be my choices. I was in Sephora the other day and tried on an apple green eye shadow as a dare to myself. I was surprised by how much I loved it!
I think the blue look is really fun on women who don't have any wrinkles. Those of us 30 and up, not so much :(
Loving the minimalist look, we need a change from all the bold bright colours that have been popular lately!
I definitely love the minimalist look!
love all these looks to give a shot this Season. Except for some of the blue shadow applications are a bit much for daily use ;)
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (73)
Blogs We Love (63)
Career & Finance (66)
ChickAdvisor Events (116)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (590)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (40)
Gift Guide (85)
Hands & Feet (116)
Makeup Tutorials (60)
New Features (28)
News & Issues (125)
Parties & People (90)
Posing Wall (128)
Product Review Club (109)
Reviewers' Choice Awards (6)
Runway Fashion (213)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (231)
Street Style (48)
Style Guide (398)
Videos We Love (60)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (56)