8 DIYs To Revamp Your Wardrobe This Spring
Spring is all about new beginnings and clean slates. Out with the old and in with the new! Only, when it comes to your wardrobe, this philosophy can get pricey. Wouldn't it be amazing if you could toss our your closet every spring and then do a major spree to fill it up with brand new pieces? Let's all take a moment to daydream about this...
Now back to reality. Instead of a shopping spree, why not use a little DIY magic with your existing wardrobe? We found 8 ways to jazz up your old wardrobe so that it looks like you've completely revamped it!
Bleach + Denim
(1) Ombre Denim: I did a bit of DIY'ing last spring with a thrift store find and used household bleach to create an ombre denim top. You can use this method with other materials and clothing pieces as well.
(2) Polka Dot Denim: Craving that pair of polka dot jeans you spied at the mall the other day? DIY them with an old pair of jeans and a bleach pen, it's that easy!
Add Some Glitter
(1) Heart Applique Sweater: Upgrade a plain sweater with an adorable sequinned heart! If hearts aren't your thing, try any other shape!
(2) Sequinned Elbow Patch: I love the idea of a subtle DIY that adds just a bit of glitz to an outfit. Also, the textures in this (the heavy knit with the sequins), look gorgeous.
Jazz Up Shoes
(1) Shoe Clips: Shoe clips are great because they can be switched up and put on any pair you own. It's such a simple way to make a big impact.
(2) Gold Wedges: Spray paint gold onto your wedge sole for more drama!
(1) Embellished Collar: Crafty chicks can sew beads or buttons onto collars, but those who lean more towards crafty-challenged can simply use a glue gun. These collars look great for a little pop underneath a sweater.
(2) Embellished Beanie: With a hat this cute, you'll actually want winter to last longer...
Do you spring clean your closet? Which of these DIYs would you like to try out?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Style Guide, Shoes, Accessories, DIY
i wonder where i can get shoe clips.
Omg these are too cute! I love a good craft, and I also love revamping old clothes. It's a fun challenge, it saves money and gives you some original pieces that no one else would ever have. I am pretty pumped to polka dot some jeans! I also want to try putting sequins onto old tees. I feel a March Break project coming on!
Love the polka dot bleached jeans ! I probably would've just gone out to buy a pair if I hadn't seen this.
I can't say i'm loving any of these, it's not really my style but I think the bleach pen is a neat ideal that i will for sure recommend to friends!
Oh the fun I could have with a bleach pen...
I like the look of adding glitter, but i'm too lazy to actually do any of these haha!
I like the ombre denim and the gold wedges, but that's about it. Although I like the idea of tweaking items that have fallen out of fashion or out of your rotation instead of just tossing them. But, sometimes just donating and buying new is the best option
I think the gold paint on the wedge is the most adventurous I'm willing to try.
I love the idea of spraying a shoe/boot wedge another color!
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (74)
Blogs We Love (63)
Brand Challenge (3)
Career & Finance (67)
ChickAdvisor Events (129)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (596)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (40)
Gift Guide (85)
Hands & Feet (123)
Makeup Tutorials (61)
New Features (28)
News & Issues (126)
Parties & People (90)
Posing Wall (128)
Product Review Club (133)
Reviewers' Choice Awards (7)
Runway Fashion (213)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (240)
Street Style (48)
Style Guide (401)
Videos We Love (61)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (56)