Chick Staff Mobile Makeup Kits: On the Go Purse Essentials + Tips and Tricks
Busy ladies have active lives and when you're always on the go, you need to build yourself a mobile makeup kit. That's what I like to call the beauty products that are essential to have in my purse. They're the items that never leave my side. They can be products that take me from day to night, help me refresh or pieces that I touch up throughout the day to keep looking my best.
The chick staff got together to discuss their own mobile makeup kits and we each came up with a few products that we include in our must-haves:
1. Guerlain Meteorites Compact Pressed Powder in Teint Dore (US$58.47): This powder controls shine, offers a nice glowy finish and is all wrapped up in a gorgeous compact.
2. Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer in Ochre (US$70.00): I love how this concealer is super moisturizing and can be used under the eyes and on the face for quick touch ups.
3. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (US$5.49): I'm oily, so oil sheets to reduce shine are a must in my make up bag at all times.
4. Maybelline New York Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner in Black (US$6.44): This liquid liner has a super fine tip, making it perfect for touch ups.
1. MAC Fix + (US$10.00/30 ml): I use this product as a setting spray and also for touch ups. I don't like piling on makeup, so a spritz of this first helps it all set together and helps me avoid breakouts.
2. Joe Fresh Duo Concealer in Light (C$8.00): I love that this one has a cream stick and a liquid end. Perfect for blemishes and under eye circles.
3. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 03 Strawberry Kiss (C$14.00): This is my go-to that takes me from day to night. It bumps up a basic look to the next level.
1. Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black Mascara (C$5.59): Gives volume to my lashes and really makes my eyes pop. This helps to make me look more alert, awake and fresh faced. Even if I'm not!
2. Benefit Benetint (C$36.00):
Great product all year round! My lips tend to be on the darker side so I love that it gives me a bit of colour.
3. Benefit Erase Paste (C$30.00): Love that it's so pigmented, it works to even out my skin tone.
On the Go Makeup Travel Tips and Tricks
(images via thebeautydepartment.com, realsimple.com, realsimple.com)
(clockwise from top left)
1. Use a lens case to carry a small amount of foundation and cream blush. No need to carry around a ton of product and it's helpful for plane flights too!
2. Create a makeup brush kit out of duct tape. Easy, cheap and you can customize it to your liking. Check out the video tutorial here.
3. Use cotton swabs like these to pick up eyeshadows . Keep them in a plastic baggy and use for a swipe of colour on your eyes as needed. This way you can carry around a few different choices of colours but not your entire makeup bag.
4. A pill box also makes a convenient transporter for any makeup. Pictured here are lipsticks, but you can also use it for cream blushes or liquids. I think this would also make a handy travel pack for rings or necklaces.
What products are in your mobile makeup kit chicks?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face
I have a perfume atomizer, blotting papers, a nail file, and lip gloss on me at all times.
I have got to agree with the oil absorbing sheets! I have powder, mascara, gloss with SPF and travel a size tooth brush and mini tooth paste!
My makeup kit is most like Mandy's. But I also take my lipstick/lipgloss so I can touch up throughout the day.
I always have Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets! A great product!
I would not go anywhere without my lipgloss, lotion and bb cream!
I love the tips section! I always love reading these tutorials and tips on the website :)
The only thing that I carry around with me would be lip balm, and a perfume stick. But, on the occasion that I go out for a night on the town (or dates) - I pack mascara, too. Just for a small touch up!
I only carry my lip gloss along with me every time.
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (472)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (69)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (52)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (195)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (157)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (352)
Videos We Love (58)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (51)