Emergency Beauty Fixes: Bad Hair Day
We talked recently about that 'eeek!' moment when you realize halfway through the day that an evil red pimple is starting to appear on your face. Now, continuing our list of beauty issues that seem to jump up on you, this week we are discussing...The Bad Hair Day.
As a curly haired lady, I have indeed had my share of bad hair days. Sometimes, it's a smoothing / straightening experiment gone wrong. Other times, my curls just seem to fall flat. Whatever the case, I've probably been there and (with this crazy hot summer we've had) I know I'm not alone. No matter what bad hair day issues you'll encounter, we have products to help you out.
Frizz Tamers, Humidity Busters, Dry, Damaged Hair + Extra Styling Secrets
1. Nexxus Frizz Defy Hair Spray (C$12.99) gives a clean finishing veil and long lasting hold.
2. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Sleek Finish 5 in 1 Serum Spray (C$5.49) sprays like a hairspray but with the consistency of a serum for all over coverage. Great for taming frizz on any up do.
3. John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme (C$11.99) is a personal favourite of mine. It hydrates my hair, restores smoothness and it works on dry or wet hair.
4. Rita Hazan Root Concealer (C$24.00) goes on to touch up in between dyes. And shhh, no one has to know!
5. Bamboo Smooth Anti-Breakage Thermal Protectant Spray (C$27.50): When you style your hair using tools (i.e flat irons), it's always a good idea to use a thermal protectant to help keep hair healthier in the long run.
6. Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide (US$17.32) is a smoothing serum, to keep hair safe from the heat.
1. L'Oreal Hair Expertise Nutri-Sleek Anti-Frizz Serum (C$7.69): For days when my hair is just not laying low, I reach for a small drop of serum and work it in to reduce frizz and shield from humidity.
2. and 5. Garnier Fructis Fall Fight Fortifying Shampoo & Conditioner (C$5.29-7.99)
3. The Body Shop Satsuma Beautifying Oil (C$14.00) works well on both dry and wet hair to give extra scent and moisturization to dry, damaged and straw like hair.
4. Garnier Fructis Fall Fight Strand Saver Anti-Breakage Spray (C$5.79) along with the shampoo and conditioner are a collection designed to fight hair breakage and loss.
Help for Curls and Lifeless, Limp Hair
1. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Tousling Spray Gel (C$3.99) gives waves and curl definition. Apply to wet hair and let dry for maximum results.
2. Sally Hershberger Plump Up Thickening Mist (US$12.99) is the item needed for any lady with limp or thinner hair. Spritz some on before styling for a thicker look.
3. John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecting Spray (C$11.99) helps to keep curls intact and bouncy and also helps reduce flyaways.
4. Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray (C$23.00): While most people use dry shampoo to reduce oiliness when hair is dirty, it also gives great texture and lifts your hair. It's an excellent item to use before an up do to give hair more cling, making it easier to work with.
5. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray (C$29.50): Beach or salt sprays are a must have for anyone looking to create that boho, care free wave. It adds some volume and movement to otherwise flat hair.
6. Marc Anthony Salon Expert Amplifying Texture Spray (C$11.99) is a volumizing spray that also injects some refreshing bounce into your hair. A great pick me up when you are on the go or for after work/school.
What are your hair styling tips? What products do you use when you're having issues?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Hair
You May Also Like
Great ideas! Especially for those contrast months (summer and winter)
I don't have extremely frizzy hair, but I use John Frieda's Frizz-Ease once in awhile! It works.
I love the John Frieda Frizz-Ease it really works well.
Frizz ease, Frizz control, Frizz serum, my hair's best friend.Anything battling Frizz, and providing great curls.
I am having a bad hair day today....
My hair is straight, but if I go to sleep with wet hair I sometimes get
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (483)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (71)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (53)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (196)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (162)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (357)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (52)