Eminem & Rihanna "Love the Way You Lie" Video Debuts

Friday August 6, 2010 by Claire

The eagerly awaited Eminem video featuring Rihanna was released yesterday.  "Love the Way You Lie" is said to mirror parts of Eminem's tumultuous relationship with his twice-divorced ex, Kim, and stars Transformers star Megan Fox and Lost's Dominic Monaghan as lovers locked in an abusive relationship unable to break free from each other.

Megan Fox reportedly donated her fee to a women's shelter, and Rihanna's personal experience with abuse made this issue important to address.

The video is really well done and Rihanna's vocals the perfect haunting backdrop to this powerful story.

What did you think of the video?

More by Claire
More on Videos We Love

on Nov 30, 2010  Hafsa said:

I LOVE this video! I loved the song to begin with but after seeing the video it only made me love it more! Rihanna and Eminem have also produced a "Love the Way you Lie pt. 2." It's much slower than the original, but it's still really good.

on Aug 11, 2010  mamaluv said:

I think it's a neat insight into that sort of relationship. The way it's portrayed you get the sense that they love each other deeply in their way, and find it impossible to break free of each other.

Too often we might judge the person who stays in an abusive relationship, thinking he/she is just too weak or too scared to walk away - "don't you know what's best for you or how this will end?" Here you get this feeling that some people don't want to leave, even if it hurts. You even get a sense of the anguish the man feels as he's being abusive - he truly wants to stop but doesn't know how to stay in control.

It's just not as cut and dry as we who have been fortunate enough to not have had such a relationship would perhaps believe.

on Aug 11, 2010  ngill  1,619 said:

I was worried that the video would glorify an abusive relationship as in "love hurts so this is ok" but instead they created a very powerful music video that really demonstrates how damaging an abusive relationship is. Looks like rehab was the best decision Eminem ever made, his new album is turning out to be amazing.

on Aug 09, 2010  Bren  22,115 said:

My son told me about this song and to watch the video I love it!The video is really raw they did a good job.The song is so catchy it just sticks in your head.

on Aug 09, 2010  mamaluv said:

I last saw Dominic as a hobbit in Lord of the Rings - now that's a stretch to Slim Shady! Amazing job!

on Aug 07, 2010  complete_cutie  1,009 said:

Being a die hard LOST fan I find it so odd to being seeing Dominic Monaghan in this type of role. That being said it is an extremely well done video.

on Aug 06, 2010  Jovanna  1,260 said:

I really liked the video and the song I love it!

on Aug 06, 2010  pinnkels  731 said:

I love this song and the music video :D

on Aug 06, 2010  Ali de Bold said:

It's really well done. So sad.

Recent Activity