Get Fresh & Gorgeous Hair Without Washing? Try a Dry Shampoo
Any girl who dyes her hair knows it's important to ration your shampooing sessions. The chemicals in shampoo not only speed up the fading process, they also remove natural oils which increases hair dryness.
While we'd be cautious to suggest you stop shampooing entirely (though recently some of us are warming to the idea), we're taking a closer look at 6 products that let you skip a day or two without sacrificing your gorgeous style.
1. Klorane Oil-Supressing Dry Shampoo, $16ish: It has Sephora's natural seal, promising low levels of harmful chemicals and high concentrations of antioxidants, botanicals and vitamins. Our readers say it's "incredibly easy to use", "leaves hair noticeably cleaner/less oily near the roots", and "it doesn't have a strong smell to it".
2. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo, $4ish: It's formulated with mineral clay to eliminate odor and remove buildup. Reviewers gave good marks for scent, absorbing oils and saving them time.
3. Got2b Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo, $10ish: It promises to refresh your hair and allow for a long lasting style. We've tried it ourselves and give it a solid Thumbs Up!
4. Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo, $17ish: It promises to add fullness, maintain moisture and protect colour. Our reviewers say it's "great for messy beach hair and volume".
5. Batiste Dry Shampoo, $9ish: This dry shampoo received the best overall marks by our readers, promising to banish oil and give roots a lift. Based on our reviewers' feedback, it delivers.
Tips for using Dry Shampoo
* Spray the product into your roots and wait a minute to let the product settle
* Brush your hair after spraying so it blends in and covers all the roots
* Always use the product in a well ventilated area
Will you cut back your wash days and pick up one of these dry shampoos?
More by Lauren
More on Hair
I haven't bin able to find the TRESemme dry shampoo does anyone have a suggestions where I might be able to find it?
I have never heard of this; I am going to try it for sure~ you girls are so helpful. seriously, love this site
I use a dry shampoo when I don't always have enough time to wash my hair that morning, but I find it will only give me one extra day without washing.
I am definitely going to have to pick up some of this stuff! I have cut my hair washing down to twice a week from every day, but sometimes my hair doesn't look so great a few days in... and baby powder makes my hair look white!
I agree with Ali. It only spares me one day of washing, and then I need some real shampoo. I've gotten my sisters and tons of my girlfriends hooked on dry shampoo, it's such a lifesaver!
I agree, it's a great quick fix when you don't have time to wash your hair. But I find it can only spare me one day of washing. It's not like you could use it every day for a week to prolong the inevitable.
I remember the days of using baby powder in my hair - it looked like I had grey roots!
I think that it works because of the powder in it. An old trick was to put baby powder at the roots of your hair to get rid of the oil, so I figure that the new trend for dry shampoos started from that idea.
"takoda - I know what you mean, I sprayed my hair with the dry shampoo this morning because even though I`m sick I can`t stand that oily feeling. I have no idea how it works, but my hair feels great :)
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (472)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (69)
Hands & Feet (96)
Makeup Tutorials (52)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (195)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (157)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (352)
Videos We Love (58)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (51)