Rediscovered Beauty Products
I've been compiling shopping lists of new and amazing beauty products for you to try every week, and I've been following my own advice. With all the new products that I've been trying lately, I'll admit that I've been a bad makeup owner. A lot of my beauty products that may be oldies but goodies have been long forgotten. It's definitely easy to get caught up in what's brand spankin' new and lose interest in some treasures that get overlooked just because they're older products.
I decided to take a look at my makeup and skincare station and give some attention to the older, but paycheck-worthy products:
1. Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Parfum Spray (C$105.00): I received this fragrance a while back as a gift and when I first got it I used it almost everyday. It soon got lost among my other bottles and I quickly lost interest. The other day I reached for it on a whim and in that instant, I remembered why I fell in love with it in the first place. It's a unique scent and spicier than my other more floral fragrances, which makes it a nice change.
2. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish (from left) in Fiery Island, Griege, and Water Color (C$8.95,each): I've recently rediscovered Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure polish collection because they've added 37(!!!) new shades to the line up of 12 colours. These three are favourites of mine for spring.
3. La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Recovery Accelerator (C$19.00): This product was recommended to me when I was complaining about my rough, damaged, flaky skin. I've mentioned before that I'm "blessed" with acne prone skin and of course, though I really know that I shouldn't be picking away at my skin, sometimes I do and my blemishes get even worse. I apply this super healing cream to any raw or broken skin areas. I've also recommended it to friends and family who have scratches, cuts or blisters to help with healing.
4. Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder (C$35.00): I've had a small, unused sample of this product in my makeup bag for a few months now and finally decided to try it out the other day. What a smart product! It's similar to any finishing powder (i.e. Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder) but what I appreciate in this product is the fact that it contains clay which absorbs excess oil.
5. Bioderma Sébium H2O Micelle Solution (C$22.00): Both bioderma and micellar water are not new to beauty junkies, but I've just been bitten by the bug. This micellar water is a makeup remover and cleanser, used with a cotton pad to wipe down skin. This particular one is made specifically to control sebum (a.k.a. the acne causer).
Have you used any of these beauty products before? What have you recently rediscovered in your cabinet?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Skin Care, Perfume
Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder is my FAVE!
I love Sally Hansen polishes.
i'm really interested in the finishing powder...never tried one before, but it sounds like it'd be useful
I haven't tried any of these but would love to give the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Recovery Accelerator, the Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder and the Bioderma Sébium H2O Micelle Solution a try. They all sound like products I would use.
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (74)
Blogs We Love (63)
Brand Challenge (7)
Career & Finance (67)
ChickAdvisor Events (130)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (599)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (40)
Gift Guide (85)
Hands & Feet (125)
Makeup Tutorials (61)
New Features (28)
News & Issues (126)
Parties & People (90)
Posing Wall (128)
Product Review Club (147)
Reviewers' Choice Awards (7)
Runway Fashion (213)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (246)
Street Style (48)
Style Guide (401)
Videos We Love (61)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (56)
Articles ArchiveBrowse articles by date
NIVEA In Shower Body Lotion Skin Conditioner Dry Skin Almond Oil
Vaseline Intensive Care Deep Repair Repairing Serum
Friend hid yet another FB post from me and FB locked me out of my old account...