Staff 'Most Worn' Fashion and Beauty Items: Alexandra
My friends tell me that I tend to obsess over things until I overdose. I prefer to think of it as just being really into something. Nevertheless, they are (somewhat) right. It happens every season or so. I become fascinated with certain styles, looks or fashions and I wear nothing else until I hit my limit and get that itch to completely refresh my closet.
In light of this, I thought I would share some of my current loves/obsessions. Some of them are recent purchases that I have just been wearing non stop and some of them are rediscovered beauties that I cannot get enough of. Either way, these are the items that I'm digging at the moment:
1. Forever 21 Bartman Pullover (C$23.80): Okay, I know this one is a little odd but from the moment I saw it, I thought, that is too cute! I picked it up and since then I have been wearing it with prints, denim, skirts... pretty much everything. While it may not seem so, it's actually very versatile. I especially like to play on the masculine, casual vibe by putting it with a feminine, dressier skirt for a chic unique look. However, I know this style isn't for everyone. So if you're looking to experiment with a graphic sweater, I suggest trying out the River Island Chelsea Girl Rose Jacquard Jumper (C$61.27) that I have been eyeing. This one would look adorable with a button down underneath paired with denim and boots.
2. Jacob Oversized Plaid Cropped Pants (C$89.00): I actually featured these as part of our 'Fall Trends To Jump On' because that is how much I love these. I like that they play on the printed and patterned pant trend without being too over the top. The subtle print and neutral colours make them good for mixing and matching with solids, bright colours and prints.
3. Forever 21 Sequined Collar Shirt (C$23.80): I purchased this one on a whim and it's actually become a staple for me. It goes with almost all of my outfits and it gives a casual ensemble a bit of flare and fun because of the sequined collar.
1. I can't get enough of large statement necklaces. I wear them with open necklines, dresses and collared shirts. They give something basic a dressier feel which makes them the perfect item to carry around in a bag so when you go from the office to a night out, you throw it on and spice up your look. These are two of my favourites: Express Large Faceted Stone Necklace (US$39.90) and J Crew Crystal Circle Necklace (C$158.00).
2. Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge in Iconic Red, Dark Raspberry (C$27.00): We used this product in Iconic Red in our Madonna inspired makeup tutorial. I got the chance to test it out and am a convert! It's incredibly durable and has a really nice pigment. I love wearing the red or the dark raspberry colour with a neutral eye colour and mascara to draw all the focus to my lips.
3. A Scent by Issey Miyake (US$29.57): I received this perfume as a gift a while back, but it's just been sitting on my dresser unused. Well, the other day I finally decided to bust it out! It's a complex scent, quite fresh but has an intense masculine side which I find really interesting and unusual.
Do you have any current fashion, beauty or otherwise favourites?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Style Guide, Accessories
oh yes, the new biotherm blue therapy serum.... loooove it.
My current beauty fave: Korres 3 in 1 Milk cleanser :)
I absolutely love large statement necklaces. I always wear them! My friends always tell me that I make the most simple outfits POP! just by adding an amazing costume necklace. Soo much fun!
bath & body products
I've been wearing a Guess leopard print blouse with a pair of their cream coloured skinny jeans! It looks trendy and dressy! I also love denim shirts right now
I LOVE the new Gucci fragrance!
I love that rose sweater from forever 21!
No unfortunately I don't have anything other then my great fitting jeans. I have a hard time finding jeans that fit me right, so when I do find some I tend to wear them over and over again.
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (472)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (69)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (52)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (195)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (157)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (352)
Videos We Love (58)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (51)
Articles ArchiveBrowse articles by date
Jennifer M commented on Yay or Nay: Rooney Mara - Classically...