Staff Picks: Our Favourite Beauty Products

Wednesday February 27, 2013 by Alexandra C.

When you work for a beauty review website, you get the (very lucky) opportunity to try out a bunch of different beauty products. Once you finish a product, there's always another one that comes along. My job also includes constantly researching to see what's new on the horizon and what I can look forward to next. Confession: I actually spend more on beauty now than I ever have before. I just want to test everything out! And when I say everything, I mean, everything.

So, putting that into consideration, I'm sure you can appreciate that the beauty products we're consistently loyal to are pretty awesomesauce. It takes a lot for me to be loyal to a product, so when I find a winner I'm head over heels in love. I wanted to know which beauty products my fellow chick staffers were loyal to, so we rounded up our picks to share!

Melissa's Picks:

1. Chapstick Classic in Cherry (C$2.69)

2. CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor (C$11.49)

3. CoverGirl Clean Foundation (C$8.49)

Alexandra's Picks:

1. Benefit Watt's Up! Highlighter (C$30.00)

2. Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil (C$13.99)

3. Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer (US$6.00)

Maggie's Picks: We haven't introduced you to Maggie yet, so stay tuned!

1. Carmex Lip Balm (C$2.89)

2. Tweezerman Slant Tweezers (US$22.00)

3. Aveda Color Conserve Shampoo (US$18.00)

Claire's Picks:

1. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream (C$7.99)

2. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara (C$9.99)

3. Dove Original Clean Anti-Perspirant (C$5.99)

Ali's Picks:

1. SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Serum (C$152.00)

2. & 3. Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo and Conditioner (C$12.50-42.00)

4. Holistic Vanity Comforting Camellia OIl Rosacea Care (C$57.00)

Mandy's Picks:

1. Clarisonic Plus Sonic Skin Cleansing System (C$225.00)

2. Fancl House Mild Cleansing Oil (US$43.98)

3. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (C$30.00)

Do you share any of these same favourites? Which products have your loyalty?

More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Skin Care

on Mar 02, 2013  Jo999  2,833 said:

I'm obsessed with Carmex and my Clarisonic

on Mar 01, 2013  ann_th33  248 said:

Burts Bees cuticle Cream is the bees knees!!!! Someone at work recommended it to me and I have been using it ever since.

on Feb 28, 2013  flower  4,166 said:

I like Burt's Bees & Dove products

on Feb 28, 2013  midnightsun2288  5,938 said:

I have been wanting to get a Clairsonic, but they are so expensive. I guess I am going to have to wait till Christmas for one...

on Feb 27, 2013  nscott84  3,972 said:

Many of these I haven't tried yet but would love to. Thanks for the list.

on Feb 27, 2013  shanaz  4,713 said:

Benefit's "Watt's Up" highlighter has my loyalty. Such an amazing product that looks wonderful in person and in pictures:)

on Feb 27, 2013  smiley_gen  3,600 said:

I do love the CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara!!! It's the only one I buy.
I'd LOVE to get that Clarisonic Plus Sonic Skin Cleaning System but it's a wee bit out of my budget. I think i'll try Burts Bee's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream...I need it! ;)

on Feb 27, 2013  fredamans  7,562 said:

Some stuff I love too!

on Feb 27, 2013  Bren  22,198 said:

I like Claire's picks I love the Burt's Bees and Dove anti-perspirant.I also always have tea tree oil in the house(Alex pick)

on Feb 27, 2013  takoda  25,873 said:

From all of these I have to say I love Burts Bee's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream the best. Thanks again for suggesting it to me Claire. I also like your pick for the CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara, but lately I've been having a new love afraid their new Clump Crusher Mascara. I've used Carmex Lip Balm that Maggie picked for years. You can't beat it for its price and for how well it works, its a classic. Melissa's pick for the CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor is another product I've been hooked on for awhile now. Those are all I've used out of all of these products. Although I have tried a lot of shampoo and conditioner brands, I always come back to the Pantene line. I like all of the different types they sell, but usually use their line made specially for fine hair most often.