Switching Closets Pose Off: Comment to Win!
We're not only switching up our contests this week, we're also switching up our closets!
Here at ChickAdvisor, we each have our own individual styles. And not to be overly cheesy, but that's what makes working together so much fun. While Mandy is a fan of mixing sheers, leathers and knits, I'm partial to trying out fun pattern clashing and going overboard with embellishments. While we don't always see eye to eye, we definitely appreciate what the other brings to the table.
We wanted to celebrate our unique styles this week with a little mix n' matching so we decided to put each to the test. I was charged with creating looks that I would love to see Mandy rock and Mandy had to put together looks that she'd love to see me in!
Mandy's Look for Alexandra
1. MSGM Rose Stamp Stretch Wool Top (US$378.13): This shirt was a no-brainer. So Alexandra!
2. Zara Pencil Skirt with Frill at Waist (C$79.90): I kind of cheated with this one because I saw her eying this cute little asymmetric peplum skirt at Zara the other day.
3. Zara Trousers with Tie print (C$59.90): Alexandra has a bold sense of style. The print on these trousers is something she would wear, but I like how they have a more tailored and tapered look.
4. Forever 21 Belt Set (C$6.50 for a set of 3): I don't see Alexandra in belts often, but these cute belts are cheap and can add a lot of shape and interest to her wardrobe.
5. Proenza Schouler PS1 Pochette Suede (US$990.00):
6. Jeffrey Campbell Martini Suede Studded Loafers (C175.51): Loafer style slippers, studs and a deep maroon suede just screams Alexandra to me! I better be seeing her rocking these this fall!
1. Banana Republic Trina Turk Box Clutch (C$69.99): I usually see Alexandra with more edgy type bags. I think this vibrant clutch would work well with her style and adds some feminine flare.
2. Naven Biker Skirt (C$152.88): I feel like this bad-ass biker leather skirt would be a great piece that can update Alexandra's existing wardrobe.
3. Zara Blouse (C$69.90): I almost feel like she already has this very thing in her closet.
4. Valentine Studded T-Strap Pump (C$890.00): These heels are the perfect mixture of classic and edgy!
5. Nasty Gal Spiked Ear Cuff (C14.83): Ok, I want this for myself too. Let's get matching spiked ear cuffs?
6. Armor Jewelry Freya Ring (US$100.00): We've seen her sport some neat hand jewelry before and this one's no exception!
Alexandra's Look for Mandy
1. Rag and Bone Farah Chunky Sweater (US$495.00): I've seen Mandy wear similar chunky knit sweaters and I like how textured this one is.
2. Forever 21 Pearlescent Peter Pan Collar Necklace (C$24.80): I'd like to see Mandy pull something extra feminine off!
3. Valentino Rock Stud Leather Bag (US$1,314.00): A very classic and sophisticated bag that I think Mandy would like.
4. TopShop Merrily Open Lace Up Shoes (UK$28.00): These are a neutral colour, so they'll go with everything and the cut-outs are adorable.
5. Pattern Shorts (E$229,00): I know Mandy loves a nice patterned short!
6. Dollhouse Cheeky Flat (US$42.00): Mandy isn't big on embellishments but I think she could totally do them, so I put this mustard embellished, bow flat in.
1. Balenciaga Buckle Ankle Boot (C$1,265.00): These boots are majorly cool and I believe Mandy would totally appreciate their cool factor.
2. La Garconne Raquel Allegra Liquid Satin Long Sleeve Blouse (US$435.00): It's a bit oversized, but Mandy likes that; plus this rust colour would look awesome on her.
3. TopShop Pin Stud Collar (C$25.00): Mandy is petite but I think her frame can pull this collar necklace off. Also, it's studded, so she'll be pumped about that.
4. Steve Mono Paul Backpack (C$475.00): I think every chick needs a chicigur backpack!
5. Sonia by Sonia Rykiel Navy High Waisted Trousers (UK$270.00): I'd like to see Mandy wear a high waisted trouser, I think they'd be great with her smaller figure.
6. Moschino Cheap And Chic 10327 Nude Suede Shoes (C$400.00): These aren't typically something Mandy would wear at all. But I'd like to see her ditch her edgy shoes for something sweeter.
7. Modcloth Boardwalk Boogie Flat in Brown (US$38.99): More cutouts! I love these oxford lace ups and think they'd totally suit her.
So, what do you think of these outfits? Would you wear any of them? Which one do you like best? Comment below by September 2nd with your answer and you could win!
More by Alexandra C.
More on Contests
You May Also Like
I'm so in love with Alexandra's Look for Mandy ♥
This contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered.
Alexandra's look for Mandy would get my vote.
Mandy's look for Alexandra is my favourite. I like the mixture of
I like Alexandra's look for Mandy! The flats are sooo cute!
Mandy's looks for Alexandra definitely!!
Alexandra's Look for Mandy
Of the choices I prefer MANDYS look for Alexandra. Those studded loafers are gorgeous!
Mandys look for Alexandra is the one i vote for
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (483)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (71)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (53)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (196)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (162)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (357)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (52)