Trending Makeup Tutorial: How to Use Spring 2012's Hottest Colour Palettes on Your Eyes
We've been talking quite a lot about 'Tangerine Tango' (nails! lips! and more!), Pantone's 2012 Colour of the Year. This, however, is so very very unfair to the other fresh hues on Pantone's trend list like mellow greens, saturated blues, lively pinks and purples, succulent yellows, and mushroomy taupes. There is no time like the present to get a little crazy with the trendiest colours of the season! We're here to show you just how wearable they are.
What We Used:
1. Revlon Customeyes Shadow & Liner in 'Party Pops' (C$11.99)
2. CoverGirl Lashblast 24HR (US$6.39)
3. Maybelline Illegal Length (US$7.19)
4. Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Liner in 'Onyx' (US$7.19)
5. Maybelline EyeStudio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner in 'Black' (C$9.29)
6. Clinique Touch Base for Eyes in 'Nude Rose' (US$15.00)
7. Smashbox Be Discovered Palette (US$44.00)
8. NYX Eyeshadow in 'Tropical' (US$4.99)
Get The Look:
1. First, use a primer to set a base for your eyeshadows and to intensify the colours. We like Clinique Touch Base in 'Nude Rose' to bring out the taupe shades in this look and also for toning down a too bright orange.
2. Apply a bold orange shadow on your lid, all the way up to the crease making sure to concentrate most of the colour in the middle eye area. We used NYX eyeshadow in 'Tropical' for this. As you meet the crease, use a lighter, paler shade of orange to blend the orange. For this, we used the peachy shade in the Smashbox 'Be Discovered' palette as well as the orange shade in the Revlon Customeyes palette.
3. Using a flatter brush, apply the darker purple shade from the Revlon Customeyes palette (in 'Party Pops') on your crease. Fan out the color with a blending brush.
4. Using a thin eyeliner brush, apply the turquoise shade from the Revlon palette densely on your lower lash line.
5. Line your upper lash line with Maybelline EyeStudio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner, creating a dramatic wing.
6. Line lower waterline with Revlon Grow Luscious Lash Liner in 'Onyx'
8. Finally, coat both your top and bottom lashes with mascara. We like to use a few different mascaras to get a really heavy, big lashes so we used CoverGirl Lashblast 24HR and Maybelline Illegal Length.
What trendy makeup colours will you be showing off this spring?
More by ChickAdvisor Team
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Makeup Tutorials
You May Also Like
Love that purple palet!!! Purple is such a great colour for green and blue eyes!!
This looks amazing on you! Your eyes are so pretty! :)
The look looks great on you!! love the turquoise on the lower lid! I think a lot of people are afraid top experiment with colours! this was a great example of playing with colour and how great it can look!
I saw on Sephora how one of the colours for spring is tangerine. That is not the easiest to wear.
love the look,will definitely try it .thank you
Wow, you look so pretty in this makeup. The colours are so fresh and I absolutely love the Revlon Eyeliner Pen! I'm on the hunt for that this weekend!
Love the Revlon colors.
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (483)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (71)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (53)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (196)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (162)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (358)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (52)