We Love Foodie Fridays: Favourite New and Old Snacking Foods To Try
I was always a snacker, due to the fact that apparently, I was born with a bottomless pit for a stomach. Lately though, due to a burst in my healthy eating habits, I've been snacking up a storm. I tend to eat a lot of smaller meals throughout the day as opposed to two or three larger meals that I used to eat. Because of this, I've been scouring the groceries stores looking for new options to munch on.
I've come across a few products recently and the best news is, they're all relatively healthy! I say relatively because, who are we kidding are, really? In any case, they're all delicious and regulars in my pantry/fridge. The perfect options to tide me over between lunch and...second lunch!
1. President's Choice Greek Yogurt Smoothie in Honey (C$4.99/6 bars): I recently mentioned how obsessed I am with Greek yogurt. I love the fact that it's packed with protein to give me energy. Then, I discovered these frozen Greek yogurt bars and everything changed. These are so delicious and the perfect ice cream substitute. They contain 5 grams of protein per bar, are 100 calories and are probiotic.
2. MiO Liquid Water Enhancer (US$11.38/4 bottles) is a nifty pocket sized product that makes taking down those 8 cups of water easy. All you do is pour one or two quick drops into your beverage of choice to flavour. I love that you can use this product in any juice as well. I'm waiting to try out the mango peach with an icedtea!
3. Babybel Cheeses (US$7.49/ 21 oz) are anything new food world but they are new to me. I needed a snack with a good source of protein, that was filling, low cal and portable for when I'm on the go. Babybels completely fit the bill. Plus, when you eat one, afterwards you get to play with the wax casing and make little animals out of it. Which is awesome.
4. When Cinnamon Corn Pops (C$2.97) were released not too long a go, I was skeptical about the combination of corn pop and cinnamon. However, after taste testing them out, I am convinced whoever invented these is a genius. The flavours mixed together make for a sweet cereal. Only not in a Lucky Charms type of way. I like to think that they're kind of like corn pop's older brother.
5. Special K Cracker Chips (C$2.99) are my go-to snack when I'm craving something salty and crunchy. I'm trying to steer clear of chips so I like to think of these as my substitute. They're only 80 calories per 18 chips and they come in three flavours: original, sour cream and onion and cheddar. So far my favourite is original but I think I'll have to do a little more testing to really be sure. It's such a hard life...
Do you guys have any food faves this month or season?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Home, Nutrition
You May Also Like
I'm super excited to try the Special K Cracker Chips! They look delicious.
I soo want to try the Greek yogurt bars and the Special K crackers/chips are great! I wasn't so into them the first time I tried them, but they really grew on me.
I love the PC Greek Yogurt bars and I have one each afternoon. My favourite is Mango. I wish there were more flavours though.
Baybel was a childhood fave of mine.
Love the mini Babybel cheese. This has been a staple snack food of mine ever since I was little. My mom always used to pack me those as a snack in elementary school. The wax coating was half the fun of eating them. - it`s food you can both eat and play with.
I would like to try Babybel Cheeses as it is rich in protein and interested in tasting good flavors.
Mmmm Gotta try those Greek Yogurt Bars!!
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (483)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (71)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (53)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (196)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (162)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (357)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (52)