We Love Fridays: My Apocalypse Shopping Haul
In case you are/were living under a rock, the world was in a tizzy last week because we all thought everything was about to end. Like. Forever. Yup, that's right. It was supposed to be the end of days according to the Mayan calender. However, (and you should know this because you are reading this right now) we survived! Hurray!
The potential end of the world did get me thinking though. Mostly about all the ways I could drain my bank account if it really was the end of the world.
Think of all the things you've always wanted but never had an excuse to buy! Think of all the gratuitous clothing and shoe options! Well, I couldn't stop thinking about it so here are my 10 items I would without fail be snatching up if the world was ending tomorrow:
1. Makerbot Replicator 2 3D Printer (US$2199.00): I have this strange obsession with 3D printers, just watch this, you'll have one too. Logistics aside (like trying to figure out how to actually use it), I would blow all my money on this and print out a million cool things.
2. Jeffrey Campbell Everly PL Boots (US$199.95): Badass boots, because if I happen to survive the apocalypse, I'm going to need a pair of wicked boots to stomp around in.
3. Romwe Colorful Sequin-Deco Shorts (US$53.99): I've always wanted a pair of sequined shorts but I've always been too self conscious to go for it. If the world is ending though, this will be the first thing I put on.
4. Marc by Marc Jacobs Henry Dinky Watch (C$154.64): It's just pink and adorable, so why the heck not?!
5. BCBG Gladys Sequined Evening Gown (US$368.00): Why not spend your last day on Earth in a floor length sequined gown?
1. Romwe Cat Face Print White Thick Pullover (US$57.90): It's a sweatshirt with a giant cat face on it. Stating the obvious, but clearly it needs to be in my closet.
2. Faucetland 7 Color LED Lights Shower Head (US$6.29): If I'm going to be taking one last shower, it's going to be epic.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Forbidden Burgundy (C$34.00): YSL has the most gorgeous lipstick packaging ever but I don't buy them too often because of the price tag. But whatevs, right? I love this deep and vampy colour.
4. Nasty Gal Trust In Me Dress (US$108.74, on sale): It's super shiny and metallic so obviously I love it.
5. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Collector Edition (C$45.00): I've never been able to lay down the cash for this without feeling guilty about splurging. So if the world was ending, this would be mine.
So, let me know what items you'd buy if you knew the world was going to end?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Style Guide, Accessories
I totally agree with @cutie_marlena. Also I love those boots!
Those sequin shorts look pretty crazy!
Love the cat sweater! And the LED showerheads are awesome too :)
all of the ideas are wow .. and the colourful shower head .. what!? wow!! I want one.. actually I think i'm going to get one. :)
I like the LED shower head! Groovy!
I have to agree with cutie_marlena, I'd love to see the world before it was gone.
I would buy a trip around the world...and hopefully have enough time to go on it! Might as well see the world before it ends.
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (70)
Blogs We Love (63)
Career & Finance (66)
ChickAdvisor Events (113)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (583)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (40)
Gift Guide (79)
Hands & Feet (114)
Makeup Tutorials (58)
New Features (28)
News & Issues (123)
Parties & People (89)
Posing Wall (128)
Product Review Club (93)
Runway Fashion (212)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (220)
Street Style (48)
Style Guide (397)
Videos We Love (60)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (56)