Your Back To School Beauty Shopping List
Don't shoot the messenger chicks, but yes, that time of the year is almost here. September is creeping up and that means it's time to head back to class. While most people think of New Years as the time to start fresh, I actually think that a new school year makes for the perfect occasion. Even though I've stopped the going back to school ritual, I still like to think of September as a brand new year, I guess old habits die hard.
Seeing as this is a 'brand new year', I think it's a great opportunity to take stock of your beauty collection. And by that chicks, I mean that it's time to toss out that old mascara and pick yourself up a few upgraded products. We've got your essential back to school beauty shopping list and it's packed full of brand spankin' new beauty products for fall that we think you'll be giving an A+!
Question: What should you fill your beauty kit with this fall?
Answer: See graph below.
1. Ciate Velvet Manicure Kit (C$21.00): The follow up to the Caviar Manicure, this velvet mani promises to be the next big thing. I'm digging the textured and matte feel, are you?
2. Quo Perfect Portfolio (C$50.00, available at Shoppers Drug Mart): This palette boasts 15 lip glosses, 35 eye shadows and 5 blushes. That'll definitely get you through the year.
3. Biotherm Skin Energetic Eyes (C$40.00, available October 2012): Targets dark circles, bags, puffiness, fine lines and sagging eyelids. I predict this will become a staple after all those late night study sessions.
4. Stila Lovely In London Travel Palette (C$18.00): The perfect palette to toss into a knapsack or purse. It comes with 5 eyeshadows and a convertible color for lips and cheeks.
5. Garnier Body Intensive 7 Days Conditioning Lotion (C$3.69): This lotion is super moisturising and fast absorbing. Plus, it comes at a student budget- friendly price!
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (C$45.00): Naked refers to how light this foundation is. It creates a luminous, demi-matte finish.
7. Vera Wang Lovestruck Floral Rush (C$79.00/50ml): Top notes feature sparkling champagne accords, heart notes contain pink passion flower and dry notes have white amber. This floral fragrance is bound to leave a lasting impression on anyone you meet.
8. GOSH BB Cream (C$22.00, available at Shoppers Drug Mart): I love that this BB cream is multipurpose. You can use it as a moisturizer, a foundation or a primer. And, for an added bonus, it has SPF.
9. Annabelle Twist Up Retractable Lipstick Crayon (C$9.95): An ultra pigmented and easy to transport lipstick that goes on smoothly and feels creamy. You'll want one in every colour!
10. Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Acne Care (C$29.95): Help keep your skin balanced with this moisturizing yet acne fighting lotion.
What beauty products will you be picking up come fall?
More by Alexandra C.
More on Eyes, Lips, Face, Blogs We Love, Hands & Feet
You May Also Like
Id like to try the garnier body lotion, i need something with extra hydrating power for winter! my skin always gets so dry this time of year.
I've been looking for a good BB cream as the ones available so far have not lived up to the hype, they have been the wrong shades or don't have SPF or too expensive etc. I don't like paying alot only to find out that the product doesn't work. I may see about the Gosh BB cream to see if there are any samples at the cosmetic counter. I really like the matte polish though and hope to find it this fall.
That new Vichy product looks awesome! I am also interested in the annabelle lipstick crayon :D
Something fresh looking for fall. A little Urban Decay Naked Skin and a touch of lip colour.
No back to school for the first time, but awesome list!
I LOVE the UD Naked Skin Foundation!!! It is luminous, radiant, literally feels like skin, feels like light coverage but is actually medium to full coverage. It's the ideal foundation. Full coverage without the look and feel of full coverage (aka cake face). Dunno where it's been all my life .. love love love <3 and love!
These are really very adorable ideas for back to school.
Join Our Newsletter
Best of Beauty (65)
Blogs We Love (61)
Career & Finance (65)
ChickAdvisor Events (103)
ChickAdvisor Newsletters (17)
ChickChat TV (8)
Eating Out (73)
Eyes, Lips, Face (483)
Fan Mail (14)
Gadgets, Media (37)
Gift Guide (71)
Hands & Feet (97)
Makeup Tutorials (53)
New Features (27)
News & Issues (119)
Parties & People (80)
Posing Wall (120)
Product Review Club (74)
Runway Fashion (196)
Shop ChickAdvisor (6)
Skin Care (162)
Street Style (44)
Style Guide (357)
Videos We Love (59)
Weekly Roundup (79)
Would You Wear This? (52)