on Oct 31, 2012 @ 07:04 pm|
I've decided to take the plunge and get some professional help in personal grooming.
Advice for a newbie? What to expect? Etiquette? Anything else I should know before I go in?
I'm excited to try it but scared I'll walk out of there in lots of pain....
|check out this thread for info on Oct 31, 2012 @ 08:28 pm|
Ali de Bold
|My advice on Oct 31, 2012 @ 09:52 pm|
The above is a good thread to check out. Here is my advice:
- Take a pain killer before you go like Tylenol. Maybe 30 mins prior.
- Book your appointment earlier in the day or after you've had a shower. Mainly for etiquette reasons. Some places provide towelettes and you could use those too.
- Tell them it is your first time so they can do smaller sections at once. Taking off smaller sections at a time is less painful.
- Look for reviews before you book. There are some great places where it will be no big deal and there are places where it will be very painful because the person doesn't really know what they are doing.
- If you have coarser hair you may prefer the cloth strips over the hard wax. Waxers often swear by the hard wax but I think it's the worst. It can get stuck and impossible to get off.
You will be just fine. It's not fun, but it doesn't take long and it lasts a long time. Good luck!
|update!! on Nov 07, 2012 @ 04:55 pm|
Thank you girls! I went to Green Beauty on Yonge st.
They were super nice and great at answering all of my questions. It did hurt quite a bit, especially the hard wax.
The girl who did mine put me at ease and we chatted as she went through it. In 20 mins I was done.