on Mar 24, 2015 @ 06:43 pm|
I thought I would share some of the makeup tips I've learned over the years!
1. using a face moisturizer works really well at blending your foundation into your neck to avoid the harsh line. I like to put foundation on my neck, rub it around a little, then add moisturizer, so it blends in and creates a nice natural flow into the face foundation as opposed to the face being a different colour than the neck.
2. If you have very sparse eyebrows like I do, use a pomade rather than a brow pencil. This will be much more effective at creating larger, more fuller brows than a pencil because the formula is very creamy and the pigment is nice. It also looks more natural than a pencil when adding lots of product to fill the eyebrows in, as a pencil can look very harsh if you don't have many eyebrow hairs to begin with. If you have very full eyebrows and just want to fill them in a bit, then I would say skip the pomade and go for a pencil and/or a brow mascara.
3. Want fuller looking lips? Skip the coloured lip liner or use a clear one if you're worried about the colour bleeding. This opens up the lips and gives them a fuller look then having them shaped out with a liner, but if you want to use a liner to overdraw your lips, then I recommend drawing them larger only at the cupids bow and the centre of the bottom lip then connecting them to the natural corner of your lips. This way they have a fuller appearance but don't look like Miranda Sings or clown lips.
4. Teeth look yellow while wearing red lipstick? Choose a more blue toned red lipstick as opposed to a pure red or orange toned red. This will make the teeth look whiter instead of yellow.
5. Don't apply black liner to the waterline if you're not wearing black liner on the eyelid as well. If you wear only eyeliner on the waterline it can make your eye look super small. I personally feel that black liner on the waterline isn't as flattering as a nude colour or a white, as these colours will open up your eyes and make them look larger and awake.
I can post more if you want, and feel free to add yours too!
|Great Tips on Mar 24, 2015 @ 06:58 pm|
|Makeup Tips on Mar 24, 2015 @ 07:03 pm|
Thanks for all the great tips on applying makeup. I am always looking for different ways to change my look up a bit. Thanks for sharing. Great Tips. I sent you a ChickAdvisor friend request please except if you like. Have a nice evening.
|YUP!!! on Mar 24, 2015 @ 08:18 pm|
Like the idea of a nude color or white on the waterline. You're right, I find the black on waterline makes eyes look smaller.
|treating your skin well helps with makeup application on Mar 24, 2015 @ 09:01 pm|
I'll add that you should take care of your skin as well. Exfoliating, washing your makeup off always at the end of the night, and using SPF of at least 15 will make your makeup look even better. Take care of your skin first and foremost!
|:D on Mar 24, 2015 @ 09:13 pm|
That's an awesome one!
|Great tips on Mar 24, 2015 @ 09:17 pm|
Great tips, thanks for sharing ladies.
|Tips on Mar 25, 2015 @ 01:52 am|
Those are amazing tips! I especially liked the one about the foundation in the neck area. Here are a few tips of my own...
1. I always make sure to check my makeup under natural light so that I'm getting the true representation of it. Also, step back from the mirror after you're done applying a product to see whether it is all coming together nicely.
2. Prime your face before applying foundation or concealer for a smoother, flawless finish. I usually stick to areas that are prone to creasing such as the undereyes, as well as my T zone where the pores are more visible.
3. Apply concealer on your lips before putting on lipstick. You'll get the exact same color as you see in the tube. Great for people with very pigmented lips.
|Makeup Tips on Mar 25, 2015 @ 02:34 am|
Thanks Pretty Rainbow for sharing you excellent tips I always use primer but I like the idea of applying concealer on the lips before putting on your lipstick. I am going to try that tip for sure tomorrow.
|concealer on lips? on Mar 25, 2015 @ 03:15 am|
Thanks prettyrainbow, for the tip on putting concealer on lips. I will definitely be trying that!
|concealer on Mar 25, 2015 @ 09:25 am|
Wow, I think the concealer/lip-colour trick is going to change my life! Thanks!