|Lip Liner helps! on Sep 18, 2014 @ 02:06 am|
Apply a layer of lip liner before the lipstick.. it will last for hours!
|Kleenex on Sep 18, 2014 @ 09:18 am|
1- use a lip liner
2- apply lipstick
3- take a Kleenex and pull the 2 layers apart.
4-lay one layer on your lips
5- with a fluffy brush dust some translucent face powder onto the Kleenex on your lips.
6- done or add a gloss
The powder won't change the colour of the lipstick but will help it last for hours!
|Cool on Sep 18, 2014 @ 07:34 pm|
Cool great tips thanks!
|making red lipstick last on Sep 19, 2014 @ 02:49 am|
red is a hard shade for me because i have skinny lips, but i start with a neutral liner and fill in the whole lip then apply a red in the right shade for you(mine is a cool bluish tone) then blot with a tissue then re-apply lipstick.
|red lipstick on Sep 19, 2014 @ 11:28 am|
My #1 tip is liner. I find red lipstick just doesn't look quite as nice without that crisp line definition.
Its also worth it to splurge on a good quality red, most cheaper lines miss the mark and wont look good no matter what you do.
|red lips on Sep 19, 2014 @ 02:26 pm|
Red lips just don't look good on me but I love a deep berry!
|Think on Sep 19, 2014 @ 02:56 pm|
I have very thin lips too- makes it much more difficult
|Precision !!! on Sep 21, 2014 @ 10:15 pm|
A well-done red lip goes a LONG way but it's not an easy process and takes a bit of practice and a lot of patience.
My tips for achieving the perfect red lips are:
1. Exfoliate. Exfoliate. Exfoliate!
2. Prime the lips with a chapstick
3. Apply a lip liner that matches the hue of red lipstick that you will be applying. This is the step where the patience is necessary. When doing a red lip, you want to make sure that the lines of the lip liner and lipstick are PERFECT otherwise you will look like a hot mess. I suggest applying the liner with a thin angled brush because this allows you to smoothly follow the curvature of your lip without shaking.
4. Fill in the lined area with lip liner. I suggest this because it helps keep the lipstick on WAY longer than it would if you just lined your lips.
5. Apply the beautiful red lipstick onto the lined lips.
6. Go over and touch up any areas with the lip liner to make sure that the lines remain smooth and straight.
Okay, so ladies.. we weren't all blessed with beautiful juicy lips and you may feel reluctant to wearing red lipstick because you feel your lips are too thin.
I would firstly suggest just rocking the red lip anyway because we are all beautiful in our own way and just because your lips may be thinner, doesn't mean a red lip won't look good on you because, I can assure you, it will!
However, another suggestion would be to exaggerate the lines when applying the lip liner. This is a very tedious process and you have to be very careful in doing so otherwise you could end up looking like a clown and we don't want that now do we!? Kylie Jenner has recently been obsessed with exaggerating her lip line as she naturally has very thin lips and her exaggerated lips look amazing. There are some great youtube tutorials on how to achieve this look which I will link below.
|LINER! on Sep 22, 2014 @ 01:09 pm|
The key to the perfect red lip is CONFIDENCE!
.... ok and a lip liner!
Find a matching red and lip your lips, fill in a bit of your lip with the liner, then complete the look with the lipstick. Try not to get too close to the outer edge of your liner or you'll risk smudges or feathering.
If needed, clean up any smudges with your concealer, or with a bit of makeup remover on a cotton swabs.
Don't forget to smile! Red lips make lackluster teeth look super white!