on Dec 19, 2011 @ 09:02 pm|
So I've recently started getting heavily into cooking and trying new recipes! Although it probably has been done before, I couldnt really find an existing thread that we could share some of our favourite recipes :)
As for mine, I purchased a brand new crock pot the other day and of course had to use it right away! What I want to share is a Buffalo Pulled Chicken sandwich. For anyone who loves pulled pork sandwiches and/or hot wings, this one is for you!!
1. Place 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast into the crock pot
2. Sprinkle with 3/4 package of Ranch dressing Powder
3. Drench all chicken in a Buffalo hot sauce of your choice
4. Close lid and let bake for 6-8 hours.
5. After about 5-6 hours, pull chicken apart with two forks and place back in crock pot
6. Smother chicken again with hot sauce and 2 tbsp of butter
7. Continue cooking for another hour or two (when you feel it 'looks ready')
8. Pile chicken on bun and drizzle with blue cheese dressing and ENJOY!!!
|mmm on Dec 21, 2011 @ 11:51 am|
sounds good! i'll have to try that! my problem is when i put stuff in the crockpot, i don't want to look at it at all .. i want it to magically turn out picture and pallet perfect :-) Hence my burnt chicken i guess! lol :-) do you add any veges in there? i heard with crockpots you need to stuff it with items so it doesn't burn..?
|REPLY on Dec 21, 2011 @ 12:14 pm|
nope, no veggies!! With the sauce and juice from the chicken, you will be totally fine! Have you tried cooking on a lower setting and maybe cooking for a little longer that way??