|. on May 09, 2016 @ 03:42 pm|
Hi Sammi81, are you referring to products from sites like ChickAdvisor , buzzagent and Influenster?
Are you referring to free samples in general?
If you are referring to products review sites then it is just a matter of time. When a product that is suitable for you comes available, you will get in.
I signed up for these sites over 6 months ago and I didn't get anything for months and then all sudden I will get something.
Don't be discourage, you will eventually get something. The trick is not to keep your hopes up every-time because are are so many people trying to get these products as well. I would just sign up and forget about it, if I get notified that I received something then it's like winning a prize and good surprise!
If you are referring to free samples, then those just goes super fast. You just have to sign up for sites like Canadian Free Stuff, Savealoonie etc where they would post when it goes live and apply for them right away.
I just do a couple everyday and I don't receive all of them but it's fun to try and a surprise in the mail box every once in a while.
Just have fun with it and it will come you way. :)
|How to get products to review on May 09, 2016 @ 04:16 pm|
Thank you very much for letting me know this I will just have to learn to be patient:)
|Great advice! on May 09, 2016 @ 04:22 pm|
Juju has given great advice. It can be very frustrating, Sammi. I'm going through a bit of a dry spell myself, right now.
|. on May 09, 2016 @ 04:23 pm|
"I would just sign up and forget about it, if I get notified that I received something then it's like winning a prize and good surprise! "
This. Don't waste your time stressing. I do a lot here at chickadvisor because I like the forums and atmosphere, but I haven't had anything for a while either. you can drive yourself nuts guessing why and overanalysing, but mostly it's just a numbers and luck game.
|. on May 09, 2016 @ 04:56 pm|
you are right wonderwhatif, it must be a numbers game
|. on May 09, 2016 @ 06:09 pm|
Have you submitted any reviews here at Chickadvisor? Most of the opportnities do mention that preference is given to more active members. Try to think of 5 products you love, and river them. Why do you love them, tell us about it. Also, if you have purchased something that didn't live up to your expectations, that's great info too. I really appreciate when I check out a product, and see that a lot of chicks found the same thing with it...either good or bad. Helps me decide if I want to buy it or not....
|Response to @sammi81 on May 10, 2016 @ 12:32 pm|
The ladies here have said pretty much what I was going to say, but let me break it down a little more specifically for you.
1. Joining our site does not guarantee free products. Our main purpose for existing is to create a community where like-minded people can ask questions, read reviews for products and services they're curious about, and much more.
2. Our primary trial-based program is called the "Product Review Club". You have to be enrolled in the club to be eligible for selection. There are certain expectations as well. We require a minimum of 5 reviews posted to maintain your standing. These reviews should be about products you already use all the time. Some users say "how am I expected to review 5 products if you've never sent me any?" That's not how it works. Just pick any 5 items in your makeup bag, medicine cabinet, food pantry, etc and post an honest review. This indicates (a) you know how this site works and (b) your willingness to be a contributing member to our site :)
3. Yes, thousands of people apply for any given program. We typically have between 200-1000 spots in a panel so you can immediately see that your chances might be 1 in 50 or slimmer of getting in depending on how popular the offer is. You must apply for every offer as it is posted, since that tells us you're interested in that particular product! For example, we would never send out cat food randomly to people in our database since many of you do not have cats.
4. We are a Canada-centric site. There are occasionally programs open to our American cousins, but most Product Review Clubs are Canada only. However, some of our other contests (like Top Chicks of the Month) are open to Canada and US!
Why do some people get picked more often and/or several programs in a cluster? A couple of reasons:
(1) how you respond to the specific survey questions. We might be looking for a certain age range, skin type, or hair colour. We might be looking for people who buy their beauty products only in high-end salons, or we might be looking for those who are very eco-minded. We always ask that people answer the questions in the surveys honestly because if we realize you've misled us, you go on the Naughty list.
For example: a user says on the survey "I usually/always buy organic food". Then on their review, they'll say "I loved this organic product and would want to buy it again, but since I never shop for organics and they are too expensive, I will probably not be a repeat customer." Um, hello??
2) Users who have lots of reviews. If a person has been a member of ChickAdvisor for three years but never did anything more than their bare minimum of 5 reviews to qualify for our Club, that means they are probably not an active part of our community. We always recommend to shoot for 10 or more reviews to increase your chances. As our Club grows, so does the number of people who have been contributing regularly.
3) Users who share on social media. This is not mandatory but users who post pics of them interacting with the products they receive (e.g. unboxing videos, twitpics with Before/After, etc) give us the leverage we need to convince more brands to sign up for our program and give you guys more freebies. See how this is mutually beneficial?
4) Users who follow the rules. We catch bad behaviour all the time. People literally copy/pasting another member's review and posting it as their own! People who receive free products from us but do not post their review as part of their Club requirement! People who try to post spam, bash other members, or use foul language, etc! If you do any of these things (and the lying thing I mentioned earlier), you will not get picked. Check out our Code of Conduct for more tips.
You can also email our team anytime at PRC@ChickAdvisor.com and ask for a profile review where we'll double check to see if there are any concerns based on recent activity. Please know that we are very busy working on bringing new programs your way, so these kinds of requests go into a queue and it might take us a little while to get back to you.
I hope this helps clear up your questions! Thanks for being part of ChickAdvisor, and we look forward to getting to know you better :)
|. on May 10, 2016 @ 12:41 pm|
Well said @ ChickAdvisor! It's always a bonus to hear from you it eases my mind when applying for products. Keep up the great work!
|wow on May 10, 2016 @ 12:45 pm|
thank you so much great info on here !!!!! i am very surprised that some would copy paste another Chicks review....yikes
|thanks :) on May 10, 2016 @ 12:55 pm|
Thanks @coultlee and @blubie! We are so thrilled every time a new program is signed up because we know how much you guys appreciate the opportunities. Positive and encouraging members like you guys make our day :)