on Nov 02, 2009 @ 03:14 pm|
I'm planning a 1 week trip to Vancouver and Whistler in November. Any suggestions from the Vancouver chickies on fun things to do on a very tight budget?! Oh, and the catch, I am travelling with my boyfriend and his brother, so they can't be totally girly activities :)
Any suggestions would be great!
|Travels travels on Nov 03, 2009 @ 11:34 pm|
So I'm a TO girl but I did spend 10 days in beautiful Vancouver in summer 2008. I was living right downtown so everything was very very close.
A few suggestions:
- Stanley park - take a whole day and walk around the park, there's a free trolley that takes you around the whole thing if you get tired of walking. Stunning views!
- There's a really amazing sushi restaurant, across from a really big HMV, I forget what it's called, but if you ask someone, they'll know what you're talking about. Fantastic food!
- Explore Gastown but only during the day - it's REALLY SKETCHY at night
- Go up on the observation tower, it's around the Pender and Seymore intersection. You can see the whole city from there and the ticket allows you to go up there as many times as you want during the day.
- Check out UBC the campus is so very pretty.
You mentioned you're going to Whistler too, I spent a day there. If you and your travel mates have the guts, go bungee jumping. www.whistlerbungee.com they will even provide transportation from the travel info center in the Whistler village. So much fun and they take pictures for you too.
Granville Island is pretty great too and make sure to check out the shopping.
Have a fantastic trip!
|Vancouver, Whistler & beyond! on Nov 05, 2009 @ 10:15 am|
I am a TO girl as well but I currently live halfway between both cities (Squamish) and do explore Van/Whistler every weekend.
|Travel card on Nov 06, 2009 @ 03:24 pm|
I bought this pass when I was in Vancouver/Whistler and it was such a good deal! http://www.seevancouvercard.com/
|THANKS! on Nov 07, 2009 @ 09:47 pm|
Thanks for the great suggestions ladies, I'm getting so pumped, we leave in less than 2 weeks! I'm also totally curious about Gastown now...I'll remember daytime is key!