on Nov 11, 2008 @ 11:23 pm|
I used to get my period every 30-35 days but as of this summer I've had my period every 30 days, on the spot. Last month, October, my period was one day late which wasn't a big deal. This month, November, my period is already 4 days late and I'm a little worried.
I haven't had sex or anything so I know it's probably nothing serious but I'm just a little anxious. Any advice?
|Many possibilities on Nov 12, 2008 @ 09:34 am|
First, you should make an appointment with your doctor. I am not a health professional, so the advice I'm about to give is purely just my perspective. Only a doctor can tell you what's going on.
Here's what I'm thinking:
1. How old are you/how long have you been having your period? Fluctuations and missed periods are not uncommon during any time of hormone fluctuation (including puberty or late puberty). I got my period at 14 and it didn't settle into a really consistent rhythm until probably 18 or so.
2. Are you under more stress than usual? This always messes with my cycle - and I'm over 30.
3. Are you on any birth control, and if so, have you forgotten to take it (even missing by only a few hours)?
4. Do you have any other symptoms, like pains in your lower abdomen which could be a sign of cysts or endometriosis? Don't get freaked out by this question; these things are treatable.
5. Have you changed your diet or exercise program recently?
6. Is anything else in your life out of the ordinary? Sometimes a cycle will go out of sync "just because".
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Some girls never really settle into a consistent cycle and end up going on the Pill to regulate it. But if it's more than a week late, I would consult a doctor anyway, even if it shows up - just to be on the safe side.
Ali de Bold
|Normal on Nov 12, 2008 @ 11:15 am|
Mine is usually like clockwork but if I'm stressed it can be a week early or a week late. It sounds normal to me but if you are nervous definitely talk to the Doctor.
|It's ok on Nov 12, 2008 @ 09:07 pm|
Thanks a lot for replying. I ended up getting my period today so nothing to worry about. It's a bit annoying that I'm not as regular anymore but at least I'm still getting it right?