on May 19, 2011 @ 08:21 am|
I heard this on the News last night and was shocked. I know
Just go to this web site and read what was found in the baby
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
|whoaaa on May 19, 2011 @ 09:15 am|
What in the world??
"Some of the chemicals in this study have been linked to adverse human
health effects including reduced IQ, increased time to conception,
endocrine and thyroid disruption, and impaired child development.”
This is seriously some scary stuff!
|Knew about that on May 19, 2011 @ 09:19 am|
Yeah, I studied household and food additives during my university degree program. There are a lot of chemicals that are added for our safety in one respect (in this case, fire hazard) but dangerous in other respects (ingestion, inhalation, etc).
It's difficult to find products that are safe from every angle AND legal. My BIL studied a similar program and when I got started he told me that learning about all of these things can mess with your head. You just have to remember that there are dangers all around us, from the air we breathe to the sun rays we bathe in, the weather that sweeps over our heads and the cars we drive in. In short, it can be very stressful trying to live a truly greener lifestyle because that can come with another set of hazards (like not being protected from dangerous fungi/bacteria when you're avoiding the additives that kill them (____cides)).
I think it's very important though for consumers to understand their choices, and that's something that most industries try to hide, like the ongoing debate about disclosing if your loaf of bread contains genetically modified grains, etc.