"A Piece of Cake" by Cupcake Brown

"A Piece of Cake" by Cupcake Brown Reviews

Ranked #707 out of 960 in Books

July 13, 2013

An amazing biography of a very strong woman who has been through hell and back. By "hell" I mean the death of her mother, foster care, prostitution, drug abuse, homelessness, and the list goes on. I could not imagine what it must be like to walk in her shoes. This is an inspirational story of hope and strength.

August 12, 2012

Goodness, this book is amazing!
I rememeber when I friend recommended it to me. She told me that this book takes you on a ride, and it never slows down for a second. I believe that is the best way to describe it. As I read on, I kept thinking "man, this cannot get any worse" -but then it would. It is so inspiring to read such a heartbreaking story that forces you to take a moment to look at your own life and count your own blessings.

October 25, 2011

This book amazed me.

Written by someone who is clearly not a writer. An honest story of struggles and hardships. An amazing recollection of a very troubled life, without missing a beat.

Cupcake's honesty is heartwarming. You find yourself feeling sad, angry, happy, excited and disappointed throughout the book.

From page one, you cannot put this book down and are constantly hoping that life gets better for Cupcake!

Excellent book, I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a raw memoir. Great work!

April 13, 2009

This is a great book about a young girl who struggles to overcome the death of a parent, poverty, abuse, drug addiction, rape, gang violence, miscarriage and several foster homes all before the age of 21. She went on to beat insurmountable odds to go to law school, graduate, and become a lawyer at one of the top law firms in the USA. She is now a practicing lawyer and motivational speaker. This is a true story and I found it extremely inspiring. If you have a chance to pick it up, it is a great read!