Agave Hair Straightening Treatment

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

Aug 19, 2014

This product works really well. I recommend everyone to try. My hair is very frizzy before but after the treatment i can feel my hair so soft and neat
While i was searching over the internet before treatment..i came across this which helped me to go forward for treatment

Jennifer Gunther
Jul 29, 2014

My hair was extremely damaged and I just absolutely love this product. I was getting keratin treatments done in the past. The problem is the keratin contains formaldehyde and starts to ruin the hair with long term use. The Agave is all natural and does not harm your hair I just love it!

Glamfaireez4u
May 29, 2014

I am a professional stylist and have been using the product on my clients. first i want to comment on the smell people claim they are getting....the product has a slight caramelized sweet smell...my only complaint is that it is a little smokey...For the person who said the product did not take...you must make sure that all of the steps were done...pre-wash hair...for hair that is a little coarser or thinker...i recommend letting the product sit a few extra minutes before blowdrying and flat ironing....i also recommend that you let a professional do the process on your hair. below are pictures of my daughter before and after.....i've actually done the process on coarser hair and it works marvelously....

sunsine4848
Feb 06, 2014

I have NO idea why people are saying it smells .. I have been doing my Grand daughters hair for over a year with it she is 9 .

she is mixed with curly hair and her hair was driving me crazy in the morning ..

Now with agave it is so easy to fix her hair and she LOVES it .

I wash it after the treatment ,, and their is NEVER a smell left over .

It last at least 3 months for her ... you have to MAKE SURE you use ( Sulfate FREE )
products on your hair or the treatment WON"T last .

we spent 5 weeks in Florida last summer she was swimming every day and the treatment held up :)

We are VERY happy with this treatment :)

Feb 02, 2014

I have a ton of very fine wavy / frizzy hair. Had it done 5 days ago and so far so good. Yesterday it was very humid out with misty rain and my hair stayed just like when I left the house. The smell is very faint now and only when wet. Even then it's very faint. I still blow dry and use my straightener but the whole process is just easier now and my hair looks smoother and healthier. I wash mine every other day but somehow it seems I could skip another day now. It's only been 5 days so I'm crossing my fingers it will last.

1.5/5

yyzmom
Jan 16, 2014

Had an agave treatment done at a salon last week to relax the wave of my hair, and hope for less styling time.

Pros: My hair is shiny, and takes less time to blow dry to style.

Cons: THIS PRODUCT REEKS - REEKS REEKS when wet. Dry, the smell is not as nauseating. When damp or wet you will pray you are alone to spare yourself the embarrassment. My towels are holding the awful smell (praying borax helps), my family avoids me after showering until I've dried my hair. I can't bring myself to use the shampoo/conditioner that came with the treatment, it's the same awful smell. My colour is visibly lighter (?) and a cut after treatment was required.

In combination with the terrible odour, the in-salon expense makes this treatment a complete deal breaker. Its a very expensive time commitment both financially and time (approx 4 hours). Results will have to be long term and smell quickly fading if I were to ever consider this worth while. Fingers crossed in a few more washes the smell goes away.

FrizzyTop
Jan 11, 2014

I have fine super frizzy hair. Bottom line, it didn't work on my hair. It comes out smooth when I below dry it but it fizzes back up when hair comes in contact with moisture or if I sweat. Didn't work on me as I had hoped. My goal was to end up with a more relaxed curl and less frizzy. That did not happen. Less effective than regular keratine I have used in the past. On the positivie, it didn't irritate my eyes or made me cough when it was being applied to my hair. Also, didn't dry out my scalp like regular keratine does to me.

agavegirl
Jul 05, 2013

love the agave treatment, its a little less expensive than others keratins or brazilians and works just the same :)

ashper99
Jul 05, 2013

i was a long time user of the keratin by coppola and i started noticing the ends of my hair breaking off- not to mention the way it would burn my eyes while it was being applied so i decided to try something else for my frizz. a friend recommended the agave and i'm so glad i tried it! i love that the stylist washes and styles it the same day, unlike the keratin where you have to wait 3 days!, and it left it super shiny. also i had no burning in my eyes (which is the formaldehyde so you know its not good for you!). when i mentioned i was scared to try the agave because of the smell, the stylist assured me it would go away in a couple washes and she also said sometimes people over saturate the hair with the product and thats why the smell is weird. i definitely recommend this as a great alternative to any keratins, and you won't be scared to do it since its formaldehyde free!

Haircare
Sep 08, 2012

I did the agave oil straightener about a month ago now & regret doing so everyday due to this smell that's still in my hair. The effects of the straightener was gone after 2 weeks, however this awful stench has stayed. I've done baking soda, as well as a professional cleanse trying to get this smell out & yet it stays. It's ruined loads of laundry & stays in my towels, I don't go to bed with wet hair because of the embarrassing smell, not to mention its inability to wash out. I absolutely would not recommend it, it's been an awful nightmare. I forgot to mention that my hair is professionally colored & it stripped the color out. Ahhh don't recommend this to anyone!!