Agave Hair Straightening Treatment

ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

Glamfaireez4u
May 29, 2014

I am a professional stylist and have been using the product on my clients. first i want to comment on the smell people claim they are getting....the product has a slight caramelized sweet smell...my only complaint is that it is a little smokey...For the person who said the product did not take...you must make sure that all of the steps were done...pre-wash hair...for hair that is a little coarser or thinker...i recommend letting the product sit a few extra minutes before blowdrying and flat ironing....i also recommend that you let a professional do the process on your hair. below are pictures of my daughter before and after.....i've actually done the process on coarser hair and it works marvelously....

sunsine4848
Feb 06, 2014

I have NO idea why people are saying it smells .. I have been doing my Grand daughters hair for over a year with it she is 9 .

she is mixed with curly hair and her hair was driving me crazy in the morning ..

Now with agave it is so easy to fix her hair and she LOVES it .

I wash it after the treatment ,, and their is NEVER a smell left over .

It last at least 3 months for her ... you have to MAKE SURE you use ( Sulfate FREE )
products on your hair or the treatment WON"T last .

we spent 5 weeks in Florida last summer she was swimming every day and the treatment held up :)

We are VERY happy with this treatment :)

Feb 02, 2014

I have a ton of very fine wavy / frizzy hair. Had it done 5 days ago and so far so good. Yesterday it was very humid out with misty rain and my hair stayed just like when I left the house. The smell is very faint now and only when wet. Even then it's very faint. I still blow dry and use my straightener but the whole process is just easier now and my hair looks smoother and healthier. I wash mine every other day but somehow it seems I could skip another day now. It's only been 5 days so I'm crossing my fingers it will last.

1.5/5

yyzmom
Jan 16, 2014

Had an agave treatment done at a salon last week to relax the wave of my hair, and hope for less styling time.

Pros: My hair is shiny, and takes less time to blow dry to style.

Cons: THIS PRODUCT REEKS - REEKS REEKS when wet. Dry, the smell is not as nauseating. When damp or wet you will pray you are alone to spare yourself the embarrassment. My towels are holding the awful smell (praying borax helps), my family avoids me after showering until I've dried my hair. I can't bring myself to use the shampoo/conditioner that came with the treatment, it's the same awful smell. My colour is visibly lighter (?) and a cut after treatment was required.

In combination with the terrible odour, the in-salon expense makes this treatment a complete deal breaker. Its a very expensive time commitment both financially and time (approx 4 hours). Results will have to be long term and smell quickly fading if I were to ever consider this worth while. Fingers crossed in a few more washes the smell goes away.

FrizzyTop
Jan 11, 2014

I have fine super frizzy hair. Bottom line, it didn't work on my hair. It comes out smooth when I below dry it but it fizzes back up when hair comes in contact with moisture or if I sweat. Didn't work on me as I had hoped. My goal was to end up with a more relaxed curl and less frizzy. That did not happen. Less effective than regular keratine I have used in the past. On the positivie, it didn't irritate my eyes or made me cough when it was being applied to my hair. Also, didn't dry out my scalp like regular keratine does to me.

agavegirl
Jul 05, 2013

love the agave treatment, its a little less expensive than others keratins or brazilians and works just the same :)

ashper99
Jul 05, 2013

i was a long time user of the keratin by coppola and i started noticing the ends of my hair breaking off- not to mention the way it would burn my eyes while it was being applied so i decided to try something else for my frizz. a friend recommended the agave and i'm so glad i tried it! i love that the stylist washes and styles it the same day, unlike the keratin where you have to wait 3 days!, and it left it super shiny. also i had no burning in my eyes (which is the formaldehyde so you know its not good for you!). when i mentioned i was scared to try the agave because of the smell, the stylist assured me it would go away in a couple washes and she also said sometimes people over saturate the hair with the product and thats why the smell is weird. i definitely recommend this as a great alternative to any keratins, and you won't be scared to do it since its formaldehyde free!

Haircare
Sep 08, 2012

I did the agave oil straightener about a month ago now & regret doing so everyday due to this smell that's still in my hair. The effects of the straightener was gone after 2 weeks, however this awful stench has stayed. I've done baking soda, as well as a professional cleanse trying to get this smell out & yet it stays. It's ruined loads of laundry & stays in my towels, I don't go to bed with wet hair because of the embarrassing smell, not to mention its inability to wash out. I absolutely would not recommend it, it's been an awful nightmare. I forgot to mention that my hair is professionally colored & it stripped the color out. Ahhh don't recommend this to anyone!!

A-Girl
Aug 16, 2012

The Agave Hair Straightening Treatment is similar to the Keratin straightening but supposedly has no formaldehyde and you can wash your hair the same day. The treatment takes about 3 hours to do. 3 long hours... The treatment left my hair super shiny and straight, looked awesome. I can now skip the hair dryer and straightener and my hair looks unfrizzy. However I do have 2 complaints about it. For the first two weeks whenever my hair got damp (I exercise a lot so sweat a lot) my hair reeked. It was a really bizarre almost floral almost rotting smell. Weird. Luckily that's worn off and my hair smells nice again. My other complaint is that it doesn't last as long as promised. It's not even been a month and I can already see my hair starting to revert back to before I had the treatment - but I do want to mention that this may not be the fault of the treatment, as I said I sweat a lot, sometimes working out 3x in a day so 3 showers. Plus I swim so I'm sure these factors weigh into the length of the treatment. Keratin only lasts about a month on me as well. The best part of this treatment is you can get your hair wet the same day. The keratin waiting for 4 days is unbearable.

LadyFlash added a new review for
litter locker 2