Agave Hair Straightening Treatment Reviews

ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION
1.5/5

August 24, 2015

8 months ago I had a keratin treatment, no formaldehyde, and it left my hair smooth and shiny, but much less body than it had before. It looked really pretty, even though my hair is fine. My current salon only uses agave, so I decided to give it a try. It was the same price as the keratin, $150. After the treatment, I had to leave it in my hair until the next day, which was the first problem. My hair was flat on my head and it also had the color bleached out leaving it looking and feeling disgusting. Instead of light brown with blond highlights, it turned brassy strawberry blond, awful with my skin coloring.
The next morning, I couldn't wait to wash it out. My hair had NO body and can't hold a curl from a curling iron for more than 2-3 hours. My color had to be corrected and new highlights added over the next 2 months at an additional cost. It still has no body or wave and I hate it. Don't ever do this process unless you want to ruin your hair. I may do keratin in another year, but never agave!

May 02, 2015

I have been regularly getting this for a year now. Prior to agave, I used the old formaldehyde keratin treatments. The older treatment lasted longer but my hair stayed straight forever. There came a time last year when I decided to grow my curly hair out and try to wear it curly. Impossible until the old keratin treated hair grew out. Now I use agave knowing I have more options for my hair. It's growing faster (no breakage) looks healthier and fuller. And I know I will be able to wear it curly if I want to later. By the way, I live in Florida in very humid conditions and have fine very curly frizzy hair.

August 19, 2014

This product works really well. I recommend everyone to try. My hair is very frizzy before but after the treatment i can feel my hair so soft and neat
While i was searching over the internet before treatment..i came across this which helped me to go forward for treatment

Jennifer Gunther
July 29, 2014

My hair was extremely damaged and I just absolutely love this product. I was getting keratin treatments done in the past. The problem is the keratin contains formaldehyde and starts to ruin the hair with long term use. The Agave is all natural and does not harm your hair I just love it!

Glamfaireez4u
May 29, 2014

I am a professional stylist and have been using the product on my clients. first i want to comment on the smell people claim they are getting....the product has a slight caramelized sweet smell...my only complaint is that it is a little smokey...For the person who said the product did not take...you must make sure that all of the steps were done...pre-wash hair...for hair that is a little coarser or thinker...i recommend letting the product sit a few extra minutes before blowdrying and flat ironing....i also recommend that you let a professional do the process on your hair. below are pictures of my daughter before and after.....i've actually done the process on coarser hair and it works marvelously....

sunsine4848
February 06, 2014

I have NO idea why people are saying it smells .. I have been doing my Grand daughters hair for over a year with it she is 9 .

she is mixed with curly hair and her hair was driving me crazy in the morning ..

Now with agave it is so easy to fix her hair and she LOVES it .

I wash it after the treatment ,, and their is NEVER a smell left over .

It last at least 3 months for her ... you have to MAKE SURE you use ( Sulfate FREE )
products on your hair or the treatment WON"T last .

we spent 5 weeks in Florida last summer she was swimming every day and the treatment held up :)

We are VERY happy with this treatment :)

February 02, 2014

I have a ton of very fine wavy / frizzy hair. Had it done 5 days ago and so far so good. Yesterday it was very humid out with misty rain and my hair stayed just like when I left the house. The smell is very faint now and only when wet. Even then it's very faint. I still blow dry and use my straightener but the whole process is just easier now and my hair looks smoother and healthier. I wash mine every other day but somehow it seems I could skip another day now. It's only been 5 days so I'm crossing my fingers it will last.

1.5/5

yyzmom
January 16, 2014

Had an agave treatment done at a salon last week to relax the wave of my hair, and hope for less styling time.

Pros: My hair is shiny, and takes less time to blow dry to style.

Cons: THIS PRODUCT REEKS - REEKS REEKS when wet. Dry, the smell is not as nauseating. When damp or wet you will pray you are alone to spare yourself the embarrassment. My towels are holding the awful smell (praying borax helps), my family avoids me after showering until I've dried my hair. I can't bring myself to use the shampoo/conditioner that came with the treatment, it's the same awful smell. My colour is visibly lighter (?) and a cut after treatment was required.

In combination with the terrible odour, the in-salon expense makes this treatment a complete deal breaker. Its a very expensive time commitment both financially and time (approx 4 hours). Results will have to be long term and smell quickly fading if I were to ever consider this worth while. Fingers crossed in a few more washes the smell goes away.

FrizzyTop
January 11, 2014

I have fine super frizzy hair. Bottom line, it didn't work on my hair. It comes out smooth when I below dry it but it fizzes back up when hair comes in contact with moisture or if I sweat. Didn't work on me as I had hoped. My goal was to end up with a more relaxed curl and less frizzy. That did not happen. Less effective than regular keratine I have used in the past. On the positivie, it didn't irritate my eyes or made me cough when it was being applied to my hair. Also, didn't dry out my scalp like regular keratine does to me.

agavegirl
July 05, 2013

love the agave treatment, its a little less expensive than others keratins or brazilians and works just the same :)