Almay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover Liquid Reviews

Ranked #174 out of 217 in Eye Makeup Remover

When it comes to removing eye makeup, it°s always best to use removers specifically for your eyes. No matter how sensitive your eye area can be, this gentle liquid will remove all traces of makeup without irritation. The oil-free formula won°t leave any greasy residue and won°t blur or fog contact lenses. To Use: Saturate cotton ball. Smooth over closed lid and lashes.hypoallergenic ã non-irritating ã ophthalmologist, dermatologist, clinically and allergy tested ã suitable for contact lens wearers

1.5/5

September 15, 2016

Unfortunately this product is not gentle whatsoever. My eyes and skin burned from using this. I had to throw out a whole bottle due to not being able to use it.

February 28, 2016

This make up remover works so well even on waterproof makeup. The only drawback is it leaves an oily residue after use so I have to wash my face with cleanser right after (which I would do anyway but some people don't like the extra step). I find that I only need two cotton pads to remove a whole face of makeup with this.

January 13, 2016

Almay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover Liquid is a wonderful product. I like the fact that it is oil free. I am a contact wearer and this is the best remover I have found. Works amazing. Easy on skin.

May 14, 2015

I was thinking of buying Mary Kay's but at Walmart I breezed through and found this for just under 7$. The dispenser is a little weird- it should come out better but it is amazing as taking off the eye shadow, mascara and eye liner all at once without feeling dry or weird. Very gentle and well worth the time it took to locate it!

February 27, 2015

Lately I've been searching for a new eye-makeup remover, and have tried very many as a result. None of them have blown me away, and they all seemed to do the same thing. All the other products I tried either left a residue, or did a bad job at removing all my makeup. I feel like I finally found a middle ground with this product. It is definitely the best I've tried so far! I used to use this one a long time ago, but stopped using it I think because it went up in price compared to other brands. Right now its price seems to be fairly level with most other brands, so I don't see price as an issue anymore. I'm also willing to pay a bit more for a product that seems to work. I'm so glad I decided to use it again. It removes all of my eye-makeup (even mascara), is gentle on my eyes and doesn't leave an oily residue. I only wear washable makeup, so unfortunately I can't comment on how well it works for waterproof products. As far as non-waterproof makeup goes though, this remover works really well for me.

September 26, 2014

When I used Almay eye makeup remover I found that the "oil free" aspect was great because I wasn't getting blurred vision, etc. I did find, however, that it took a little longer to get my mascara off. I used a make off pad instead of a cotton ball and found that a little easier on my lashes.

September 26, 2014

I have been using Almay makeup remover for a few years now because of the "oil free" factor. I really dislike the oily makeup remover feeling on my eyes! Granted, this product may take a little extra rubbing compared to an oilier product, I still would rather finish not feeling oily. Unless I can find a non-oily feeling alternative, I'll definitely be sticking to Almay!

June 14, 2014

This did not remove my eye make-up very well. I ended up using more than I needed and rubbing my eyes too roughly. Would not buy this again!

March 24, 2011

For a while, I have used the Bath and Body Works Gentle Eye Makeup Remover but since I ran out, I decided to give the Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Liquid a try. This makeup remover claims to nourish skin while gently removing makeup including waterproof mascaras. As well, it contains a blend of aloe, cucumber, and green tea to condition the skin.

The bottle contains 4 Fl Oz/118mL of produt. What I liked immediately about the product is that it is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. I have sensitive eyes and skin and so far, this makeup remover has not made my eyes irritated and has not caused my skin to break out. In addition to it being oil-free, it is very gentle and would be ideal for contact wearers. It makes the skin around the eyes smooth and hydrated.

As for how effective it is as a makeup remover, it removes makeup and even waterproof mascara, cream, and liquid liners easily without much effort. The container is small and compact making it ideal for travelling.

The one con I have with this product is the fact that you have to twist open and close the cap to get the product out. It would have been better and more sanitary to have a dispenser. However, I usually just dispose the amount I want in a small container and use that to wet my cotton pads.

I would recommended this product. If you want affordable eye makeup remover that works well, then this is a good purchase. I would repurchase this again.

Updated On: March 24, 2011

Correction: Meant to Say "The Body Shop Gentle Eye Makeup Remover" instead of Bath and Body Works - always get those two mixed up. LOL