Almay Smart Shade Makeup Reviews

Ranked #137 out of 595 in Foundation

Almay's Smart Shade Makeup provides a shade-sensing technology, that originally starts out white in application, but adjusts to the right kind of shade for your skin! Key ingredients include grape seed, ginseng and Ginkgo biloba to help nurture your skin back to health!
People choose Almay's Smart Shade Makeup for their hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested reputation, as well as correct matching to their skin tone.

sourced from www.almay.com

November 27, 2016

I like light coverage formulas, and this definitley was, but I don''t feel like the "smart shade" was true to it's name, i have very fair skin, and it was too yellow for my complexion. I like the texture, but the colour will not work for everyone.

July 16, 2016

If I feel like having a light makeup day- I will use this for running errands or going to the beach. I never experienced a break-out or irritation. I just personally prefer a full coverage makeup routine to cover my acne scars. I do like the sun protecting benefit. My next plan is to give this to my mom because she uses no make up at all and I feel like this is dipping your toe in the water. It will give you a radiant look. If you're skeptical, buy it when it goes on sale. But definitely think about giving it your mom or older sister- because it's close enough to feeling like a moisturizer that they won't be overwhelmed with a texture or thickness they might not like.

March 09, 2016

This was my first time purchasing Almay make-up. Truth me told I'm really bad at putting on make-up. Almay has absolutely solved that problem for me with there smart shade line . Works amazing and is sooo easy to use , even for me . Definitely recommend it !

February 06, 2016

I was not a fan of this product. I tried it because of the concept.
I thought it was near that the product was white until it was blended into your skin.
But the issue with this is that it is difficult to "match" with your actual skin tone.
I found I couldn't get the right color. Also, there was not enough coverage.
If you think of this product as more of a tinted moisturizer then it's ok.
It's quite a watery product with light coverage.
Not for me.

January 27, 2016

I came across this item when it was on sale and decided to give it a try since my foundation was running out. It is not an oily product which is a plus but the coverage is not so good. It reduces the appearance of my redness but still see a small amount. I put this on pretty often just for an everyday but would not try this for special occasions. If you have acne or a lot of redness/imperfections I wouldn't recommend purchasing it.

June 09, 2015

Brought it with free product coupon, it dint give me any coverage consistency is watery, it just act like a moturizer on face nothing else. not happy with this product

June 08, 2015

I wouldn't recommend this foundation. I have to put a lot on to get coverage and I find it leves my skin feeling greasy. I don't think it lasts very long and I used up the package quickly.

May 21, 2015

Oxidizes and settles into all your fine lines. Also provides 0 coverage.

October 01, 2014

I usually buy a tinted moisturizer, so i found the coverage was enough, but it stays on my hands even when i wash with soap after i apply. I have to use make up remover clothes to remove it. Its a little pricey but can usually find a $3 off coupon for the product.

September 09, 2014

I bought this product because there is a free mail-in rebate offer. It is very light, i like that the color is natural for me, but I wish it had more coverage. Price is about $17 before tax

j.beauty has posted in the forum topic
free perfume sample!

NYgaga0218 added a new review for
Oxio Retrostriper 15

Anonymous has posted in the forum topic
Best straighteners out there?

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic