Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer Reviews

Ranked #266 out of 324 in Primer

Smart shade perfect and correct primer is a gel primer that’s so smart it instantly adjusts to brighten and color correct skin where it’s needed. This hydrating weightless formula goes beyond just smoothing and softening skin and addresses skin’s most common problems. Imperfections are diffused and skin feels smoother, more refined and looks pore less.

September 23, 2016

This primer is a miss for me. I used a coupon and got it for a cheaper price. It is expensive for the drug store. This claims it color corrects but I still have redness on my face. It makes my skin feel oily. It also does nothing if you have larger pores. This foundation is nothing special.

January 27, 2016

This is a decent product. I have redness on my cheeks and under the sides of my nose. So it does a good job of covering it up. It is not oily at all and has a nice smooth texture that will dry up perfectly.

June 08, 2015

Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer is a great primer for dry skin that's prone to redness.

I have combination skin - oily T-zone and very dry cheeks. Almost every primer I've ever tried has either peeled off my T-zone after an hour's wear, or it has dried out my cheeks and turned them into a flakey mess.

Smart Shade primer stays on my skin until I take it off - no peeling! It evens out my skin tone by muting my red patches and pink undertones and does not dry out my sensitive skin. Unfortunately, it has very little in the way of oil absorbing properties. I am forced to use a different primer on my T-zone to prevent the mid-day shine. If you have dry skin all over, you'll love the Smart Shade primer.

1.5/5

May 02, 2015

i rarely get pimples/ blemishes well after using this primer i started to breakout.

May 28, 2014

I find it works great to help reduce red marks beneath a concealer. It was makes it easy when it comes time to remove makeup at the end of the day, less scrubbing involved and don't require a special make-up remover.

October 27, 2013

While I do like the color correcting, i dislike the texture of the primer. It's not soft and velvety like others. It would not be my first choice, but it's ok.

March 13, 2013

I have fairly good skin, I rarely get blemishes. I do not have particularly sensitive skin.I wanted a primer for an extra finished look when applying foundation. This primer provided a decent base however, I did not find it to correct color very well and it clogged my pores, even with moisturizer on underneath. After using this primer for three days I saw an increase in clooged pores and after week I started to get blemishes. I discontinued use of the primer and immediately the clogged pores blemishes went away. I have not used it since and would not recommend it.

November 05, 2012

excellent primer. Provides great coverage for a great price.

August 27, 2012

I recently picked up this product in an attempt to even out my sometimes sensitive, sometimes red, always combination skin. I find it does a good job of lessening the redness in my cheeks and makes my foundation application much smoother. It makes my skin less oily and I've found a little goes a long way. Overall, I would certainly recommend this product just make sure you pick it up when it's on sale!

August 19, 2012

I found that this product did not make my skin look better. I actually found it to leave my normal/combination skin looking oily. I did not think this product worked well to remove redness, or to smooth the appearance of my skin; two things it says it will do. I love the packaging, it's so pretty - but that's where the positives of this product end for me. I would not suggest this product for anyone who has anything but dry skin. And I would only suggest it if you were wearing it under makeup. It seems to make a good hold. I'll stick with my Sephora Primer for the price of the Almay one.