Amazon Kindle E-Reader Reviews

Ranked #314 out of 616 in Electronics

The Amazon Kindle is an e-book reader developed by Amazon.com subsidiary Lab which uses wireless connectivity to enable users to shop for, download, browse, and read e-books, newspapers, magazines, blogs, and other digital media. The Kindle hardware devices use an E Ink electronic paper display that shows up to 16 shades of gray, minimizes power use and simulates reading on paper.

October 11, 2014

I never wanted to buy an ebook reader but when I saw the mother's day special for $49 I had to buy it. Since then I downloaded around 100 books for free and several books for $1-$3. I'm impressed how long the battery lasts. It took a bit to get used to all the features, creating collections etc. because I bought the kindle without the touch screen. I also should have bought the kindle paperwhite to be able to read in the darkness. Instead I bought a cheap little lamp to clip on my kindle case. Otherwise I'm really happy with it

November 18, 2013

I received a Kindle as a present 2 Christmases ago just before I left for a trip to Cuba. It took me a while, but I REALLY like it now! I have downloaded tons of books for free, and discovered new authors in the process - some of them are amazing!
I recently found a website for free Kindle books - www.onehundredfreebooks.com - I have already downloaded
a bunch of books, even though I only discovered the website at the end of last week. New books are available twice daily.
Happy reading!

November 14, 2013

I absolutely love my Kindle! It has the best battery life of almost any other e-reader. You really have to work at it to get a glare on it. I took my Kindle on a week long backpacking trip (one of my biggest reasons for buying one...light enough to carry on a backpacking trip). I loved having the choice of more than one book while on the trip. Now I've got my dad hooked and have to buy him a Kindle for Christmas! I also love all of the content available on the Amazon website (and store right from the Kindle). I've been enjoying getting to read new authors in genres that I'm interested in for affordable prices.

November 14, 2013

This is like the apple iPad but not as useful. you are only able to read on this device, I would not recommend this device to anyone. It is very one sided.

September 12, 2013

I was unconvinced about E-Readers until I got one in my hands. Now I love it! The top benefit is that I no longer have to lug 3 or 4 books along on a trip. I find I have to practise a little discipline in choosing and downloading titles as there is a lot to choose from. I would like to have access to some older books that are not currently available, and I wish my Kindle was compatible with my local library (but Kindle is the only brand my library does not use...so check before you buy).

July 15, 2013

I love my Kindle, downloading a book is quick, I love how it stores where I read on the device
and if I read on my tablet, or phone, it syncs it to the last page I read. No glare when reading in the sun.
lots of battery life

July 11, 2013

Really like my Kindle. So easy to take with you. I like that I can always have a book with me.

October 04, 2012

Love it !!!!!!!!!!!! It is my travel buddy.. lightweight.. ease of use... fits in my purse .. great for the beach... I received it for Christmas last year.. best gift I ever received..

June 27, 2012

I got the Amazon Kindle Touch as a birthday gift.
I absolutely love this machine.

PROS:
- Easy to use (the navigation is pretty simple)
- Affordable price of $99 (buy it at Staples, a two yr. accidental damage warranty is only $20!)
- Durable (I have dropped it a couple of times with no harm)
- There are tons of programs available for use on the kindle (games, to do lists, internet, calendars & more)
- As well as programs that can send content to your kindle (RSS feeds, web pages, & more)
- Convenient search function to search for words in your library and books (this is great for finding a book that is about something specific, say vampires or dogs:D)
- Sufficient memory (I want to say mine holds 2,000 books)
- Display is clear, easy to read, and easy on the eyes.
- Ridiculously long battery life (when Wifi is off)
- Tons of accessories available like covers, pointers, and more.
- Lots of free books and programs available.

CONS:
- Sometimes (I think it's when in direct sunlight for too long) the touch can become less sensitive
- if you have a lot of content on your kindle it can be hard to sort them.
- The display does show some ghosting even when page refresh is on (not too bothersome).

As a lifelong reader of used (and cheap) books, I never saw a whole lot of need to buy a kindle. But I'm so happy I have one now.

This machine is sweet, and if you love reading, you will love it!!

May 24, 2012

I've had the Amazon Kindle Keyboard (what used to be called the Kindle 3) for almost 2 years, and love mine! Its not only great on vacation, has great battery life, great games on it, but great when reading big books and also for when you don't want others to know what you are reading. While some of the books on the Kindle are a bit expensive, most are decently priced and are delivered instantly through wireless which is fantastic! I still buy books sometimes, but do read on my kindle most of the time. So many books are available on the Kindle, and its so easy to carry around everywhere with me. I cannot say enough good things about the Kindle!