I recently went to an event to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the American Express Gold Rewards Card. It was a nice event, a thank you to all of the media, travel bloggers that have been supporting the card since the launch a year ago. I hate the thought of another credit card but this one is like no other... The card is designed more to provide you travel points than a "buy now, pay later" shopping tool. Use the card for your day to day purchases but you must pay the card balance off by the end of the month. The points you can accumulate will pay off better than any other rewards travel card you have now. Check out the card online but here are some notes I took during the presentation. I was just blown away by the amount of consumer research and feedback they acquire and use to continually make your travel and card experience the most beneficial as possible.
- AMEX listened to consumers feedback/frustration about waiting in line when traveling.
- points flexible enough to book a last minute, midnight train.
- Gold Rewards Card doesn't have the restrictions as other cards. You can use the points anytime, anywhere, with any travel provider.
- You can accumulate enough points to purchase a full year of travel!
- You can transfer the points to a number of airlines.
- Spend points with another reward program!
- travel/merchandise/entertainment products are also available for purchase with your points.
- There is a Trip Flex option
- You could be earning double the points than other cards, when you're just using the card to buy groceries!
- American Express (AMEX) rely on consumer feedback to make the card a better experience, so if you have one please keep them update with any feedback and/or suggestions!
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.