• Anastasia Beverly Hills Creme Contour Kit
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Creme Contour Kit

Anastasia Beverly Hills Creme Contour Kit Reviews

Ranked #103 out of 407 in Makeup

February 16, 2017

I have this kit in "Fair", and I'm a Mac NC15 for reference. I love this contour kit! You must practice to learn how to use it properly, you don't want to over or under blend if you'd like to achieve a natural look. The shade "Fawn" in this kit is a perfect contour shade for me. It's a matte grey-brown, which looks very natural on my skin. This is NOT overly warm/orange. The kit does come with a warmer shade that I use as a bronzer, called "Shadow". Still, a very natural looking bronzer. There is a lot of product in each tray, cream products go a long way. Pigmentation is excellent. Coverage is buildable. You do not need a foundation under/over this, it is a foundation on it's own. Beware that it does tend to cling to dry spots, so make sure you properly moisturize and prime beforehand.

June 28, 2016

This is a perfect contour kit for my skin type and complexion. I use the 2nd medium - dark palette. The burnt orange colour covers the bags under my eyes perfectly. The texture is creamy but not too think and heavy. This palette will last me forever but when I run out I will definitely repurchase!

April 07, 2016

In my opinion this was one of the best purchases i have ever made once i watched a couple videos figured out how to work with it and make it look good I FELL IN LOVE combined with some powder contour from the Smashbox Shape Matters pallet, it looks amazing and has the perfect colours to contour and highlight my skin.

January 27, 2016

Had previously been using a variety of powder contours from Sephora.
    Finally had the opportunity to try out the Light Creme Contour by Anastasia.
    It's an absolutely wonderful palette with a variety of options to play with for day/night time looks.
    (Even assists in correcting under eye dark spots)
    I highly suggest this kit if you are medium to advanced in makeup application/art (see below comment).

NOTE!
    The sales associate at Sephora had warned me that this product does have a HIGH return rate due to customers thinking they have a high ability when it comes to makeup application.
    While we clients like to think they are the best, shading does indeed take practice and with a creme contour kit even more so.
    Blending will require more effort & you are given more color options with this palette.
    If you are new to contouring. makeup application and/or shading in general, I highly suggest using a basic 3 color powder contour palette to play around with.

March 24, 2015

I love the creme contour kit! I want to say it's better than the powder one but it's hard to decide! How I use this product:
    1. I prime my face
    2. I add a drop of Tarte's Maracuja Oil to make the product creamier so it blends out better (without the oil it dries out my skin because I have some nasty dry skin going on this winter)
    3. I add the light highlight colour or the banana colour to my cheekbones, down my nose, in an upside down triangle under the eyes, the browbone and a little above the tail of the eyebrow, the chin, and a small amount to the centre of the forehead (I have a large forehead with bangs so I add less highlight and more contour to make the forehead look smaller if the wind lifts my bangs up).
    4. I add the oil to the middle brown shade (the lightest one looks kinda orange on me) then place it under my jawline, to contour my cheeks, down the sides of my nose, and on the edges of the forehead.
    5. I take my beauty blender or usually a real techniques blending brush and just work away at blending it in.
    6. I will set everything with a powder.

REVIEW: I think this product is great for people with normal/dry skin. Since you don't need a foundation with it, it's kind of a two in one. If your skin is oily I feel like it will get oily on you, so I would recommend the powder contour kit instead. But the pigment is crazy good and the product is so creamy that it's worth the money. It doesn't feel too drying on the skin by itself, but since I'm super dry (like nasty dry, my skin is flaking off my nose dry), I add oil to make it hydrating, and the pigment stays the same!