Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown Reviews

Ranked #607 out of 960 in Books

Publisher's description:
When world-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to his first assignment to a Swiss research facility to analyze a mysterious symbol -- seared into the chest of a murdered physicist -- he discovers evidence of the unimaginable: the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati...the most powerful underground organization ever to walk the earth. The Illuminati has now surfaced to carry out the final phase of its legendary vendetta against its most hated enemy -- the Catholic Church.

March 04, 2015

c'est vraiment un bon roman l'histoire est captivante du debut jusqu'à la fin

March 04, 2015

Loved the history & mystery. Was glad I was told to read this first then Da Vinci code.

June 14, 2014

I am an avid fan of all Dan Brown's novels. I love how he holds your attention with his writing. His historical details are excellent. I love anything to do with religious history and found this novel excellent. The only other author that has held my attention like this was Taylor Caldwell and her books too had religious connotations (but of a more subtle bent). I have read most of Dan Brown's work and so far have not found any fault with his books. They are spell binding, give lots of detail and history and cover topics dear to my heart.

Keep up the good work Mr Brown, I love what you write and want to read more of your work. I would recommend his books to everyone especially to those interested in religious history.

June 12, 2014

Another great novel by Dan Brown! I bought the "special edition" that comes with illustrations, and let me tell you, it gives the story a whole new dimension when you can actually SEE what he's writing about! He writes with so much detail, and the mystery keeps you guessing til the very end :)

And obviously, I loved the movie, too!

January 20, 2014

I read this immediately after reading Da Vinci Code. I would reverse that order if I could. This book was great - with the intrigue, history, and insights into the papacy and papal elections which I would not otherwise explore. It was a race against time and intriguing from the outset - though there were a couple of squeamish parts. I recently re-read the book and saw the movie - the book is infinitely better since there are subtleties and revelations that the movie does not address. A page turner even the second time around.

October 02, 2013

Great read, couldn't put it down, finished it in a day.

October 01, 2013

Dan Brown...that should say it all for you right there. The man is the KING of books. I have yet to read work of his I did not like.
This book I could not put down. It had me from the first few pages.
I plan to collect and keep ALL the series book form and DVD.

April 20, 2012

Tried and true. Always a go to book of mine. Adore Dan Brown!

February 16, 2012

Like a lot of Dan Brown books it's a great page turner. If you want a book that keeps you enthralled wanting to keep reading and find out what happens next then this is a great book. It's a good straightforward read with language that isn't too difficult. It does get a bit gory and gruesome at times so those with a sensitive disposition might want to give it a skip and try the next book in the Langdon series: The DaVinci Code. If you like action and you like adventure then this a great book.

May 27, 2011

I agree, this book is a good beach read! If you liked The Da Vinci Code, this is very much along the same lines - conspiracy, suspense, and enough twists that it's hard to peg the ending.

If you're not familiar with Dan Brown, I'd compare the pace and ease of reading with John Grisham. This isn't a deep thinker, though people with anti-Catholic sentiments might get riled up like they did over Da Vinci Code because DB has a way of making the reader thing he's presenting facts.... but it's actually just very clever fiction. Angels & Demons is probably less pot-stirring though.

I liked it :)