Ardene Aco Nailpolish

ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

AryelleCyr
Jun 12, 2014

From the 3 bottles I have bought, they have been either extremely watery or extremely thick. It does not apply well at all and does not set properly. If it does set, it comes off within a day.

Jan 31, 2014

For the price, I would say to try it. I have about 20 of them in alot of different color, some a very vibrant, some are nude colors and they also have glow in the dark ones. The pale ones will take sevral coats to achive a good effect but the darker colors will take one or two coats only. When it comes to quality, I think it is okay for the price even tho its not the best if you compere to more expensive ones. Overall I would recommend them to girls who like to change nail polish often because they don't stay on for more then 3/4 days before they start to chip.

1.5/5

suigeneris
Jul 14, 2012

I'm no nail polish aficionado, but I've tried a good number of nail polishes in my day, and this nail polish definitely stands out - it is the worst I've ever tried!

I won the ACO Fairy Dust as part of a contest, and the first thing that stood out to the me was the tacky glitter and the extremely hard to read ingredients list. It just screams that it was cheaply made -- other dark polishes that I own have the ingredients printed in a light color, instead of going dark-on-dark and confusing the consumer. While it seems that ACO polishes are 3-free (or perhaps higher), I'm not exactly sure, as its ingredients aren't posted anywhere, and I'm unable to clearly read more than a handful of words on the ingredients list on the polish itself.

I was also unimpressed with the brush -- it's not thin but easy to apply like Julep, nor thick and goes on easily in one swipe like Rimmel. It's just a thin, hard to manage brush. Of course, I haven't been impressed with many nail polish brushes, so if you're good at doing your nails with even the worst brushes (and still keen on purchasing ACO polishes after reading this review), this shouldn't be too bad.

But the thing that made this the worst polish ever was the smell. I am well-acquainted with the traditional chemical-y nail polish smell -- it smells really bad, but I can stomach it. However, this one is beyond anything I could ever have imagined! It's like you open 20 nail polishes at once, and add some melting plastic and a couple of gluesticks to the mix! Seriously, if you can, open this at the store before you buy it to see for yourself! In fact, I think that I will toss this straight into the garbage (though I'm not sure if that's a safe way to dispose of this surely-toxic substance!), yet I've never contemplated doing that to ANYTHING I've owned.

So basically, there's nothing positive that I'd say about this product. (Btw, for those who are curious, the Fairy Dust looks like purple glitter, but it's just a clear polish with some glitter, plus horrible consistency.) I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. And to those who are still determined to try ACO polishes, don't say I didn't warn ya!

katieg
Jun 26, 2012

The Aco line of nail polish at Ardene is Amazing. They have bright vivid colours that are fun to wear. I just bought Party Girl and Melow Yellow. (the first picture) They are priced at 2 for $5.00 and when you show an Ardene card you get another 10% off. The polish stays on about the same length of time as other more expensive brands.

And did I mention the ones I bought are glow in the dark!