Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion

Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion Reviews

Ranked #939 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

August 17, 2015

I've been using the Botanical Kinetics line for almost 2 years. Love the smell, the feel and the results! Feels fresh and amazing!

March 25, 2015

I have a hard time with dry skin and i'm always looking for a hydrating lotion to put on before my foundation. This lotion keeps my skin moisturized throughout the day whether you're looking for a lotion to hydrate before makeup or if you just want to throw some on to put some moisture back in your face!

September 10, 2014

This is a very light, moisturizing, and quick-absorbing lotion that always leaves my skin soft and supple. Perfect for my combination skin in the summertime and the smell is very pleasant (which is very important to me because I am very sensitive to fragrances). You only need one pump for your face and half for your neck so the 5oz bottle will last you forever!

September 06, 2014

I love this cream. It's light and doesn't leave your face greasy

July 29, 2014

This product has worked the best for my skin. I have acne prone skin and I don't breakout using the Aveda product. It is difficult now with the skin getting older it needs hydration. The hydrating lotion gives the skin the hydration it needs.

June 17, 2014

After many years of searching I finally found the best lotion for my face. If I dare even try something else, I either break out or my skin feels so tight and dry. On the pricy side, but so worth it.

March 24, 2010

To be honest, I like the idea of this lotion better than the actual product. I wanted an all natural moisturizer free of parabens so I thought this store would be perfect. Although their products are 97% all natural, they still use chemicals to preserve them, where other companies are finding natural ways to preserve their products.

I asked them what would be good for oily to combonation skin and the sales girl showed me this. I looked at this list of ingredients and although there was that few percent chemicals in it, I liked all the other ones so decided to give it a try.

The smell wasn't the best but that's probably the licorice root, so that's not a big deal (smelled like black licorice, but I prefer my products to be fragrance free so smell isn't important to me, although I think this has fragrance in it as well).

Maybe I was using too much, but it was a little greasy too. After I put it on, my face looked like a giant shiny oil slick. The texture was thin as well and lacked substance. My face felt really greasy, not moisturized after using this product, and I think it made my pimples worse.

This might be good for people with really dry skin, but it definitely was not for me. Although Aveda has some great products, this moisturizer just did not do it for me. I like a lot of the ingredients in it, but the formulation doesn't seem to work. I still have half a bottle left...what a waste!