Aveeno Fresh Essentials Daily Exfoliating Scrub Reviews

Ranked #172 out of 218 in Facial Exfoliators

Great, healthy looking skin happens when you reveal your brilliant side. Diet, free-radicals environmental toxins and a hectic lifestyle can result in noticeably dull, uneven skin. Formulated with antioxidant Southernwood extract, Smart Essentials Daily Detoxifying Scrub helps keep what's good in and what's bad out. It gently polishes away debris, revealing a brighter, smoother look.

March 16, 2016

Love this scrub. Not only is it good on your face but it works for every part of your body as well. The soft microbeads make for a nice exfoliation without the rough, scratching sensation.

July 30, 2015

Love this product. It does the job and I find it very gentle on my skin. It's my favourite facial scrub.

July 15, 2015

exfoliates with coconut pulp and natural luffa. The importance of exfoliation is something I discovered in my early teens and along with cleansing, is a step in your skincare regime that can really make or break your the condition of your skin. This scrub is oil-free, hypoallergenic and has quite a strong floral scent that did surprise me for a product that is supposed to be non-irritating. The other thing about this scrub that surprised me which actually made me stop using it was the presence of “polyethylene” aka plastic. The thing with polyethylene is that without proper treatment, it is not readily biodegradable and ends up in our waters and fish! I have stopped using products with polyethylene beads and you really should too.

October 22, 2014

This is such a gentle scrub that I use twice a week. It leaves my skin clear and comfortable following a shower. I recommend it highly!

March 25, 2014

I bought this scrub for me and then my kids starting using it. It has a very fresh light scent and provides a good scrubbing texture without drying out your skin. Although my daughter and I have combination skin types, my son is a little more on the oily side and it works great!

August 26, 2013

This actually gave me a chemical type burn on the side of my face. After contacting Aveeno they sent me a cheque for the amount I paid and apologized .

June 06, 2013

This is one of my go-to facial exfoliators at the moment. I am a fan of Aveeno products generally, and this is definitely no exception.

The exfoliating particles are small and don't feel like you're scratching away at your delicate skin, while really making your skin feel clean and gently buffed. The scent is nice and mild, and I have had no negative reaction switching from my previous product to this one.

The only negative is that this product is a little higher-priced than some others. I do think it's worth the extra cost, and if you can find it on sale, even better!

September 27, 2012

Love this face scrub. I used to use Ives but now im stuck with Aveeno, This face scrub is the best of the best for my skin, i have sensitive skin and exema on my face area. This works so well i use it in the shower and put lotion on after and it exfoliates my face soooooooooo good! Love Love Love this face scrub nothing bad about it.

July 06, 2012

I've been using St. Ives exfoliating scrub for years and years but was told during a facial that it's too harsh on the skin to use every day. I decided to switch and found this Aveeno product which I love. I use it every day, it's gentle enough (good combination of exfoliant beads and actual face wash), and I never feel like I'm stripping my skin off, that in hindsight, I feel like I was doing with St. Ives!

It smells fresh and great but not overpowering. I would recommend this product if you are looking for this specific type of face wash. There aren't a lot out there I found (at Shoppers).

January 05, 2012

I've been trying to find a good exfoliator/scrub for years. I had good luck in the beginning but the products either got discontinued or the formulation changed. I usually exfoliate once a week to get rid of black heads and to smooth out the surface of my skin but have had mixed reviews with the latest products that I have tried.

Aveeno Fresh Essentials Daily Exfoliating Scrub is no different than the other ones that I've tried. It smells nice and the fine, gritty texture is promising. However, after a couple weeks I don't see any remarkable results. it doesn't do a very good job at removing my black heads and my skin feels a little dry after. It's a fairly good product for the price but I wouldn't say it's great. I wouldn't mind spending a little more to have more effective results.