Bare Escentuals Feather Light Mineral Veil Reviews

Ranked #357 out of 595 in Foundation

Magazines and millions of women agree: your skin will love you for this. Our Original SPF 15 Foundation gives you an incredibly flawless, even application and picture-perfect skin. Its silky, soft texture looks like a powder, but it feels like a cream and buffs on beautifully without settling into fine lines or drying out the skin. Made with only the purest, highest quality ingredients - and none of the chemicals and preservatives that can irritate skin. It's makeup so pure you can sleep in it. Size: Large

August 19, 2014

I know a lot of people love this product but I cannot stand how chalky it leaves my face feeling. It makes me look washed out and feels gross. It's a no for me.

December 13, 2012

A good setting powder that leaves a really nice finish, and lasts all day. But it's only cornstarch ! Crazy markup on it, and in my opinion straight cornstarch is more effective.

November 06, 2012

The great thing about this foundation is that it covers very well, will not hurt your skin, it lasts a long time since you do not need much of it, good and easy to apply and because mineral foundation usually in powder form The result is not sticky or oily. It's a good thing because I have very oily skin at certain points on the face and I want a matte finish. This foundation gives the result I am looking for and therefore I recommend this highly! The downside of this is that the result does not hold all day, I have to sprinkle again now and then to keep my worries in the face hidden. Price is also a bad thing because I'm searching for a job and I can barely afford to buy makeup anymore because of the prices. I have tried cheap mineral foundation and they are good they too! But the jar is cute and tempting!

May 23, 2012

I am a huge fan of the shimmer mineral veil. I don't like foundations or any heavy makeup on my skin, and I'm never really too worried about coverage, so this light shimmer gives my face a beautiful glow so I keep looking natural, but just a bit more polished. Its a beautiful product and Ive been using it for about 5 years now. Maybe even longer. I originally bought the starter kit and fell in love with the mineral veil. its been in my makeup bag ever since!

May 06, 2012

This is a nice translucent poweder than helps set your makeup. It lasts a long time because you dont need to use a whole lot. Definitely worth trying if you've never used this before.

December 12, 2011

I use this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation to help even everything out. It's very fine and gives a nice matte look.

I wouldn't recommend it as a foundation on its own if you really need coverage, as it is very light, but it makes a great tinted finishing powder over your normal foundation.

March 07, 2011

I did not like this product at all. This powder made my skin itch like mad and was even worse on a hot humid day. It also did not last long and did not keep my oily skin at bay.

October 27, 2010

I love, love, love this make up. I have extremely pale skin that is far from flawless. I use the "Fairly Light" mineral foundation with the feather light mineral veil which has a very subtle shimmer to it, it gives my skin a glow that isn't obvious. It is not heavy or cakey, and covers and blends well without that foundation line you get with liquids. I love how clear my skin is, I can sleep with this make up on and it won't break my face out.

May 19, 2010

I have ultra sensitive pale skin. Saw an infomercial on this product years ago wanted to try it but it was only in the U.S. Finally got it & for sure it lives up to it's hype! It leaves my skin flawless on top of the foundation. If you need proof view my profile picture. It is also sweat-proof. Only thing I would definitely recommend is purchasing the actual Bare Escentuals brushes. I bought a way less expensive kabuki brush & it goes on a bit too cakey. Definitely it is worth trying out if you have sensitive skin. For a more affordable option, try buying the "starter kit" first. You get waaay smaller samples of the foundation& veil but get all the brushes. The only reason I didn't is because unfortunately the foundation in it doesn't come in my shade which is FAIR. Only comes in light. I have porcelain almost see-through skin.

For sure this is worth it if you want a natural organic makeup that looks like you don't have any on.

August 23, 2009

I love this product! It add a beautiful finish to you face. If you like a natural matte finish this is the way to go! I found that the amount of product you get lasts about 2 months maybe a little more depending on your usage.