I started my baby carrying days with a stretchy wrap that I absolutely loved. As my baby got bigger she became too heavy for a stretchy wrap. My husband didn't like wrapping much so we went with a soft structure baby carrier. After trying on a few we went with the Beco Gemini.
- Baby loves it (she fell asleep the first time we went for a walk with it)
- I find the snap buckle in the middle of the back very awkward so the fact that the straps could be crossed at the back while front carrying was awesome
- Easy to put baby in by myself (no help needed)
- Fits both myself (5'0") and my husband (6'1")
- Since we were getting a carrier later on (almost 6 months old) I didn't want to have to buy an infant insert so the smaller and adjustable base for baby is awesome
- Head rest can be up or down
- Safety features for buckles makes me feel like baby is more secure
- Able to forward face
- Price is not as steep as some other carriers
- No pockets (their new newer model has a pocket) and difficulty wearing any bag with the carrier
- Not for a bigger baby and will not transition into later toddlerhood
I have to say I absolutely love this SSC and would recommend it to anyone - but definitely try it before deciding on one!
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.