Benefit Cosmetics Eye Bright Pencil Reviews

Ranked #539 out of 776 in Eye Liner

A pinky brightening pencil Instantly adds radiance to your eyes Refine texture & gently blends on eye area Wears on the inner & outer corners of eyes For best results, apply as the final step after makeup

November 11, 2016

The Benefit Cosmetics EYE bright pencil works wonders, it works best with other makeup though. It leaves a faint purple, but not noticeable to others. I recommend this product to anyone who wants to try it. It's not a necessity, but it's nice.

March 18, 2016

I forgot I owned this pencil but now that I have rediscovered it, I find myself reaching for it every day! It really brightens my makeup look and makes my eyes pop.

March 26, 2015

This has always been my go-to pencil for the waterline. I do agree that it does not last very long and needs to be reapplied, and lazy application can mean bright pink lower eye lashes. A stick of this does last me months and months so I don't always mind the higher price tag. I do think when my current stick runs out I will try something at a lower price point.

March 01, 2014

This is probably the only Benefit product that I have not given a rave review. I find it to be too thick for the look I am hoping to achieve, and don't find it brightens like it should. I am quite pale, so that may be the problem.

February 19, 2014

The product does work but does not last as long as a product with a lower price point. Although I do love the Benefit brand ...would not recommend this prodcut.

March 06, 2013

I liked this pencil for the inner corner of the eye area and maybe the lashline.
If you add a bit to the inner corner of the eye and you smudge it just slightly to blend it in, it make yours eye pop and you appear more awake.

I barely go through pencils since I don't use them often, and I went through this one. When I finished it, I bought the Sephora brand one in a light lavender (which is almost identical to this one) because it was much cheaper. However, I would buy this again, since it is a good products.

Overall, I like Benefit as a company, they make decent products.

August 30, 2012

Apply this to your lash line and it'll make your eyes pop! Like your wide wake even if your half asleep

March 27, 2012

one of the better benefit products i've tried. i don't see it as being anything special, although it is creamy and smooth. i wouldn't repurchase it though, because surely you can find a nyx jumbo pencil (cottage cheese, maybe?) that gives the same effect.

January 18, 2012

Someone recommended this product in passing and I went looking for it. Sephora's $20 price tag was waaaaay too much, so I went to eBay and got it for $7. Same product, brand new, never used or opened. Whoohoo!

I have to say I really like this product. This product is not stark white - it's off-white and has a little pink in it, so it's not glaringly obvious on your skin. It goes on very smooth and it really does perk up the eyes, especially when you use it along with some bold eyeliner. The contrast between the two colors will make for some dazzling, gorgeous eyes.

This item was suggested as a way to brighten the eyes for someone with glasses, and it works wonders for glasses-wearing me. However, it's not too bold for someone without glasses. I use it in the inner and outer corners of my eyes and up close it might not look like much. But when you take a step back, you will see a difference.

As a small note, be gentle when you use this product. The makeup inside the pencil is very soft; I used a little too much pressure and ended up pushing the tip up into the pencil itself. Oops. Use a light stroke when applying this. Otherwise, if you need to perk up tired-looking eyes or just to add a little extra sparkle to alert eyes, this is a great product and I highly recommend it.

Updated On: January 18, 2012

I have to say I really like this product. It's not stark white - it's off-white and has a little pink in it, so it's not glaringly obvious on your skin. It goes on very smooth and it really does perk up the eyes, especially when you use it along with some bold eyeliner. The contrast between the two colors will make for some dazzling, gorgeous eyes.

November 03, 2011

Benefit is generally a wonderful make-up line- quality and pricing- but this "brightening" eyeliner is a disappointment. It's too pink and makes you look more hungover than fresh faced. Yikes! I recommend Almay's eye brightening eyeliners, instead.