Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl Reviews

Ranked #286 out of 391 in Makeup

Benefit Girls Meets Pearl is a soft, golden pink, liquid-pearl highlighter. For a delectable glow, fancy up with this golden-pink liquid pearl luminizer. Its sheer, light-reflecting formula in a fresh, raspberry scent glides on smoothly for a breathtakingly radiant complexion.

November 21, 2014

This is marketed as "liquid pearl." It's effectively a liquid blush. It can be a bit tricky to use because of the applicator: you have to twist the bottom portion of the tube to extrude the liquid through an array of little holes, which is a pain, and it's just step one. You also have to apply the product kind of carefully. If you don't blend it well, you're left with a very obvious demarcation line. It also takes a while to set, and smearing during that time is possible.

Although this doesn't sound like a positive review so far, I really like this product. Girl Meets Pearl is a pretty, perky, and, indeed, pearly pink. And the stuff smells like raspberries, which is a bonus.

August 27, 2014

I do like this product, it does just what it says, adds a subtle brightness to your face. I still prefer the Benefit HighBeam, which is more dramatic.

I only like the applicator on the sample size, the full size product would be better if they change the way it is packaged.

August 22, 2014

I adore this product! It's absolutely amazing! It really makes my face look more structured and brighter! I love it! The only issue is the full sized packaging. It's kind of difficult to use, so I prefer the mini version better.

June 12, 2014

Love love love it! It gives you an awake look! Brightens up your face

August 06, 2013

This is a great product. As with most benefit products, this highlight works well, and gives you a beautiful glow. I do, however recommend this more to people with darker skin tones as opposed to those who are very pale, or fair skinned. After I got a tan, the product showed up more, and looked better on the skin. However, if you don't mind it, this product is great for everyone looking for a nice highlight.

Updated On: August 06, 2013

-edit- i forgot to mention that they COULD improve the packaging of this in my opinion. I don't really like the holes at the top of the dispenser.

July 26, 2013

a very big "meh" for this product. benefit's high beam illuminator probably works 100 times better thant the girl meets pearl.

price is also very high for the effects provided.

July 18, 2013

I've been looking for a highlighter for a really long time! I had 500 points at Sephora so I cashed them out and got a Benefits kit, which included a full Girl Meets Pearl bottle. I love this highlighter! It can be subtle or you can add extra product to create a more shimmery effect. I wear it everyday and love it!

I haven't use another highlighter so I have nothing to compare it to BUT I certainly love this product. I love Benefit and have never had an issue with any products!

March 11, 2013

This is a very subtle illuminizer. I prefer it to That Gal brightener, which really does nothing for me. It isn't as obvious as Benefit HighBeam though, so if you really want it to show, I would go with High Beam, but for a subtle glow, this is perfect. It is sort of expensive for the small amount you get, but it does exactly what it is supposed to do. The applicator is great too - easy to use and not at all messy...

0.5/5

June 24, 2011

More garbage from bebefit. My Body Shop illuminizer, which costs a fraction of this product and has more product in a TUBE, out-performs this product on all counts.

It is impossible to even slightly notice this product, whereas the Body Shop product gives you a very nice, natural glow and is a multi-use product. This wouldn't give even my toilet seat a glow.

I am really hating Benefit at the monent after wasting hundreds of $$ on their rubbish products. never ever again will I buy anything they make. Not in this lifetime or any other. Thanks for nothing but an empty wallet, Benefit.

November 12, 2010

I received a sample of this, so I’d have to say that I normally wouldn’t buy this. The effects are so subtle that I couldn’t justify spending my money, and would rather put it towards some other makeup products. Perhaps it depends on what moisturizer you use underneath your makeup, because I found that I get enough of a glow with my usual moisturizer. I’ve gone so far as to use Girl Meets Pearl on one side of the face only, and the difference is immeasurable.

That said, I would recommend this if you are in the market for something to give you a subtle glow. This is not overly shiny, easy to apply. You simply twist the stick and the product comes up through little holes at the top – if you’re using for the first time, note that it does take A LOT of twisting (to the point where I thought maybe the product was defective) before any product comes out.

Psychologically, it’s a great booster! The packaging is so pretty and the awareness that my skin is guaranteed to be “glowing” at all times makes me feel pretty and feminine. However, practically speaking, I’d say save your money and try some of Benefits other products.