Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray Makeup Primer Reviews

Ranked #269 out of 322 in Primer

Tell your eye makeup to stay, don't stray! This dual-action primer works 360 degrees around the eyes to make concealers and eyeshadows REALLY stay put. Concealers never crease and eyeshadows stay vibrant and true…you'll wonder how you ever lived without it!

September 07, 2016

I highly recommend this big time I have been using it this for 3 years now and I LOVE IT!!!!
this is a must have i wear it on the weekend and from 8am till 10pm my eye shadow did not more it did not crease AT ALL and I LOVE IT it is so worth the money.
BEST THING EVER

March 17, 2016

I had heard such good things about this product and normally i am all over anything benefit puts out so i was excited to try this shadow primer. to my dismay even though it did cover nice and looked great to start. my shadow creased and did not stay and my concealer looked cakey. this may work well for teens but if you have so much as 1 line or wrinkle this will make them stand out.

January 23, 2016

I usually use the urban decay primer but I thought I would try something new and this was not a good choice. It seemed to be ok at first but after awhile it didn't work at all. My shadow creased like crazy it wouldn't even last the day when I have tried urban decay and too faced and both I can sleep in my makeup and it's still on good. Maybe the formula doesn't work with me and maybe other people like this primer but I would not re purchase this or finish the one I have

May 28, 2015

I love this primer! It really made a huge difference in both the appearance and longevity of my eye shadow. Three little dabs above and below the lid is all thats needed to ensure that shadows and concealers stay in place.

The first thing I noticed was how much smoother and easier my shadow was to apply. The colours looked more vibrant and didn't set into the creases. The best part? My eye shadow stayed looking great all day. It looked exactly the same at night as it did when I applied it in the morning. Vibrant, in place with no creasing.

It also does a good job of preventing the dreaded 'greasy eye crease' and stops concealers from cake-ing up. I highly recommend this primer!

May 27, 2015

This overall was pretty good. I received this as a sample from Sephora otherwise I probably wouldn't have tried it or purchased it. It seemed to keep my eye shadow in place all night, however if you have a high quality eye shadow I don't feel that this product makes a huge difference.

January 05, 2015

Although the Benefit Stay Don’t Stray Eyeshadow Primer is not quite as good as the Urban Decay Primer Potion, to me, it’s a close second. This tinted primer holds onto everything from powdery shadows to creamy under eye concealers. It helps to prime the lid for a crease-free look that lasts all day to prep the under-eye area for concealer. The tint actually does a wonderful job at concealing dark under eye circles or redness/ unevenness on the lid even before the makeup. It holds in place the entire day

November 04, 2014

I absolutely love using this as a primer. I find it works very well and keeps my make up in place. Medium/Deep works wonders with my skintone!

September 18, 2014

According to Benefit, Stay Don’t Stray is a “dual-action power primer (that) works 360 degrees around the eyes to make concealers AND eyeshadows STAY PUT.” Using this creamy primer means that “Concealers don't crease, eyeshadows stay vibrant & true.” Sound great, doesn’t it?

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to try out how well the product works as a concealer primer as the one I received in my monthly Topbox was the wrong colour for my skin tone. This product “now comes in TWO neutral shades to suit all skintones (light/medium & medium/deep),” which is great is you get the right shade. Even though I swear I selected “light/medium” when I filled out my monthly Topbox options form, I received the medium/deep shade and it just doesn’t work on my under-eye area, which is almost translucent.

This meant that I was unable to see if Stay Don’t Stray really could make my under-eye makeup stay. Nor could I test out whether or not this product improves the general look of that area, thanks to its inclusion of “sodium hyaluronate known to hydrate and Vitamins C & E known to help fight signs of aging” as ingredients.

But I could test out how well this product works as an eyelid primer and here the results are mixed. This is certainly no superstar product. I wore it, including doing split face tests (one eyelid received the primer, the other didn’t) in a wide variety of circumstances and if those circumstances involved humidity, being outside in the sun for more than a couple hours or doing anything that made me sweat, this primer did nothing.

But in more basic, temperature-controlled situations, this primer did help a bit. Yes, there was still crease-creep and the colour of my eyeshadow did fade a bit but it was noticeably better than nothing, That being said, this product didn’t perform any better than my regular primer. (Actually, it generally performed a bit worst) And at $30, it would need to wow me to get me to invest in it.

One aspect of this product that did impress me is its packaging. According to Benefit, it “features a NEW ‘dip & dab’ wand for easier application.” Featuring a soft, appropriately sized sponge on one end, the applicator is indeed a breeze to use and allowed me to deposit just the right amount of primer on my lids.

September 13, 2014

I use face and eye primers - so I find this weird that they call it a makeup primer and then recommend it for all around the eye use. I mean, it works as a primer should - but it is not my favorite primer.

August 22, 2014

I really like this product because it really does make my eyeshadow last long. I like it as a primer, but I love it as a concealer itself. It really brightens my eyes and makes them look a lot bigger!