Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 814 in Mascara

Benefit they're real! Mascara is a jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. This exclusive brush is specifically designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing glossy formula-revealing lashes you never knew you had. Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length & volume beyond belief. Visit benefitscosmetics.com for more information.

February 20, 2017

I received this as a sample size in one of my ipsy bags. For once I actually liked how the mascara applied, usually all sample sizes are a fail. I think that the application between full size and mini is quite similar. The mascara plumped up my lashed and made them darker. I am incredibly picky about mascara and now treat it as my holy grail.

0.5/5

February 18, 2017

This just doesn't do a thing for my lashes. It almost feels like the tube is empty and there isn't any product on the brush. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

February 16, 2017

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It's very buildable and creates lots of volume. It only takes 2 coats to give a dramatic look to lashes. It doesn't flake smudge plus it last all day. It's easy to remove with makeup remover but will not come off with water alone.

February 05, 2017

I got the sample from sephora and it was not the best mascara. Clumpy on my eye lashes and it made my lashes feel heavy. I have somewhat sensitive eyes and it made them water and burn. Not something I would use again and glad I didn’t pay for it.

February 04, 2017

Another fantastic mascara! I can't speak on price as I was gifted a sample from a family member. But I LOVE it. My lashes almost seem artificial. So full and long. My eyelashes aren't what they used to be since having my daughter but this product certainly has me feeling pretty again :)

February 02, 2017

I have really short eyelashes so i started using this mascara. I find that it really does make my eyelashes so much longer in appearance but it dries up rather fast. I feel as though the price is high considering that factor. After modifying it I am able to make it stretch longer, but I feel as if it should not cost as much as it does for how much use you get.

January 24, 2017

I did find this mascara to be decent at first but I find it begins to get clumpy and lose its quailty after a couple of uses. I am also not a fan of the want, I prefer a fluffy brush as opposed to cheap plastic. One good quality is you definately do get some volume and it does last! But you should purchase the remover because it is very difficult to wash off at the end of the day.

January 17, 2017

I am more of a drugstore mascara kind of person mainly because of pricing and also because I much prefer a waterproof formula to hold curls better harder to find in high end brands. Having said that this mascara is the only high end mascara I will use on days where I want a more natural look and don't want to deal with taking off waterproof makeup at the end of the night. For a formula that is not waterproof it holds my curl better than any other nonwaterproof type. It also does not clump, volumizes and is very natural looking! Definitely puts an emphasis on your natural lashes.

January 16, 2017

I got this mascara as a sample from Sephora a while back. I really like this mascara, and it's one of the best that I've ever used. I will definitely be purchasing a full size tube! It does exactly what it says. It gives a natural look, and doesn't get all clumpy and gross. This was the first higher end brand of mascara that I've used, and I'm hooked.

January 16, 2017

This mascara is great for someone who wears mascara on a regular basis but doesn't want to make it look like they are made up to go out for a glamorous night on the town. I find that it gives a lot of good coverage for one coat, but if you were looking for a heavier coat or to do two coats it won't be the mascara for you as it gets clumpy. It has a pretty good life span but obviously the first month of use gives you the best results.