Benefit They're Real Mascara

Benefit They're Real Mascara Reviews

Ranked #7 out of 617 in Mascara

Benefit They're Real Mascara is a jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. This exclusive brush is specifically designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing glossy formula-revealing lashes you never knew you had. Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length & volume beyond belief. Visit benefitscosmetics.com for more information.

Average Price:  $22

ADD REVIEW
ADD IMAGE
ADD TO COLLECTION

dayroxx
Mar 21, 2013

Does what it advertises. If you're not careful with the tip of the brush it could cause unnecessary clumps in your lashes. Otherwise great mascara!

Judy37
Mar 10, 2013

My favorite thing about this mascara is that it goes on smoothly, no clumps. I don't need to put on that many layers which is nice. It goes on nice and dark. It gives great length. It gives ok volume. I really like this mascara and would buy again.

nwestbrook
Jan 30, 2013

This is probably my only holy grail product of all time. I like a lot of beauty products, but this is always my #1 go to. I can’t ever imagine buying anything else and I’ve repurchased this so many times I can’t even count. This is the blackest, most amazing mascara. You have to trust me when I say just try it out, you will never go back to your old one. Great formula, amazing brush, fair price ($23). The other day I brought my mother to Sephora to pick up a couple makeup items and this of course was one of them. One of the sales men was there and had asked me casually what I was planning on purchasing. I replied “Well, only the best mascara of all time, ever.” He laughed and gave me a sample of the Dior “Diorshow” mascara. Well, guess which one is still my favorite? Seriously there is NO comparison. Best. Mascara. Ever.

babyblue_1315
Jan 15, 2013

I am a girl who has always had trouble finding a mascara that not only makes my blonde lashes dark and thick, but also stays on all day. I heard great things about Benefit They're Real mascara so I purchased a tube. I have to say, this mascara is a miracle! The brush is made of plastic with a handy little knob at the end to reach tiny inner lashes. The formula is dark black and does not clump at all. This mascara makes my lashes very long and thick, people have asked me if I'm wearing false eyelashes. The best part of Benefit They're Real mascara is that it does not smudge or flake all day. My lashes look the same at night as they do in the morning. The only downside is the mascara can take a liitle effort to remove, but that is a small price to pay for fabulous lashes! This is the only mascara I will ever need again!

wishfish
Nov 28, 2012

They're Real Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics is a very effective product. It really does add considerable length to your lashes. My one big complaint about it is that I hate how it feels. Most mascaras have a lightweight feel to them, you don't really notice them. This mascara feels... greasy almost.

But, if you want extra length and volume, it does the job. For me it's a toss up. For special occasions, sure! But.... on a day to day basis? I'd probably take a pass.

crazedmom
Nov 07, 2012

I love Benefit and didn't realize how much until I was so frustrated about my mascara. I went to Sephora and asked the expert on how to accentuate my eyes. He introduced me to They're Real and I was asked one time if they were real lashes and I said yes. It isn't clumpy and the way the brush is designed makes it easy to go vertical then touch it up horizontally.

sazzmataz
Oct 24, 2012

Well ladies, my search for the perfect mascara is over! I am the not-so-proud owner of some seriously stumpy lashes. I am always amazed by (and frankly jealous of) those girls who have lashes that rest on their cheeks when they close their eyes. What is it about long lashes? Why are they so magical looking?

Anyway, a few weeks ago I grabbed the new Benefit They're Real! Mascara on a whim at Shopper's Drug Mart. It was sitting in one of those displays by the cash register; you know, the ones designed to make you grab a bunch of impulse purchases. They always work on me.

I was cautiously excited about trying out my new mascara, afterall I've been dissapointed so many times. I whipped it out the very second I go home, and results! My lashes will never rest on my pillowy cheeks but with this mascara they look at least twice as long! I'm converted and I will be a loyal purchaser of this fantastic product for the rest of my life - and perhaps longer!

My verdict? Amazing - you should all run out and buy it immediately!

Oct 23, 2012

Love this mascara! It took my whimpy lashes to amazing. Goes on easy, comes off easy. Makes my eyes look more intense than any of the other mascaras I have been using. No flaking, no smudging.

kerri1990
Oct 09, 2012

This is the best mascara I have ever purchased (and yes, I do frequently purchase high and low end mascaras). When they say that this stuff makes your lashes look fake they aren't kidding- it makes them long, plump, and separated. Perfect.
The only negative about this mascara is that it is difficult to wash off- with or without remover. Other than that, everything about it is phenomenal.
It will make your eyelashes touch our eyebrows if you apply several coats.

Sylviegoncalves
Aug 19, 2012

After trying almost every single drugstore mascara, I decided to try one that was a little more high end. I noticed immediate results from the first application of this mascara! Cheaper mascaras always had one great quality, but had a downfall on another. But Benefit they're Real! Mascara does well in every aspect. It lengthens every individual lash, thickens the lash without getting clumpy. This mascara is also buildable so you can put on more than one application. It also intesifies the lashes so your eyes become the focal point. The price is around 22 dollars, however, I found that the quality was well worth the price.

Frugal_lauren added a new review for
eos Hand Lotion

swaf68 added a new review for
Ferrero Rocher

swaf68 added a new review for
Baileys Coffee Creamer

swimxsurf added a new review for
Blackberry Z10

myababs added a new review for
MAC Fluidline