Biotene
Good

Biotene Reviews

Ranked #95 out of 189 in Oral Care

October 13, 2016

I am a constant sufferer of dry mouth hence sometimes bad breath lol. I love this stuff it really works well.Patients with xerostomia (dry mouth) may use Biotène to reduce the rate of recurrence of dental plaque. I always have a fresher mouth and breath when using this product. sometimes i will use it like three times a day. It really works and I feel fresh.

September 01, 2016

I have a few medications that cause dry mouth. It is so uncomfortable!
Thankfully I saw a commercial for Biotene on tv, and asked my pharmacist about it. Well, no more dry mouth for me. It's keeps my mouth from going dry, and isn't too strongly flavoured. As long as I have to take these meds, Biotene will be in my medicine cabinet.

March 30, 2016

I am on several medications that cause severe dry mouth issues. I have seen this product advertised on TV and thought it was worth trying. I was desperate to try anything that would help. It does work well, and relieved my mouth issues. Only problem is that everytime I take the meds, I have to use Biotene or it's back again.

June 21, 2015

I really love the Biotene Moisturizing Gel, my Dentist told me about it. I take a bunch of meds & I always got a dry mouth. I use the gel at night just before I go to sleep. I put some on a clean finger, then swish it around with my tongue, my mouth gets really moist & I make sure it gets all around my mouth, then I swallow it. I don't wake up much any more. I love this product. I highly recommend Biotene Moisturizing Gel. It works great!! :)

February 17, 2014

The reason I first tried Biotene was the same reason that most people end up buying this product: dry mouth. Mine was caused by a combination of a whole whack of medications as well as other organic reasons.

I first didn't follow the directions, and instead, simply applied the product on a clean finger, and then rubbed the product all inside my mouth wherever it was dry. I was very generous with the product, too. My first sensation was of how awful the product tasted! My God, how gross!! You'd think they'd make that stuff flavoured of something, but nope, it was just gross! And what's worse, the minute I swallowed, dowwwwn went the Biotene, and the dryness was back.

For round two, I followed the instructions to a "t". It says to squirt the product into your mouth instead. I thought, "But how is it going to get wayyyy over to the side of my face and way at the back where I'm the driest? But I put that aside, and did as I was told, and squirted a large amount into my mouth. The first time, I had the exact same results as I had had when I tried my own method, so I gave it a third try, with also the same results.

With 3 results of it doing not a thing for my super dryness AND that horrible smell and taste under my belt, I called it a day. I just could not force myself to try it a fourth time. Maybe I could have had I had some small degree of result, but I'm serious when I say that with the first swallow, down went the Biotene. And that very first time, the one where I was winging it? I had actually RUBBED the Biotene into my dry areas, so it's not like there was a big gob just sitting there or anything, but yet, it also went right down, too.

For the high cost of this box, you are better - and cheaper - off buying several packs of gum or hard candies to keep on hand. This product gets a solid "F" from me. Save your money.