Bissell 1867 Steam Mop Hard-Floor Cleaner

Bissell 1867 Steam Mop Hard-Floor Cleaner Reviews

1 review
Ranked #92 out of 338 in Household Cleaning Products

April 05, 2016

I've owned my 'green tea' coloured steam mop by Bissell for about 5 years - and I'm very satisfied with its performance. I love not adding chemicals to my home air and surfaces in cleaning. I hated mopping and now I don't because this is fast and easy and cleans most flat-floor types: ceramic, porcelain tile, stone, hardwood** (caution here - if you can't mop it, don't steam it), laminate. It's great on tile (but can't deep-clean grout) and even to refresh my berber carpets in winter. I do use it on my well-sealed hardwood floors - though I'm careful to not use it more than 1x a month for the reason that I don't want damage the wood over time. My hardwood wasn't shiny-finished when I bought my house, so I'm more worried about clean living than the dull finish all steam products give wood. How would you clean hardwood other than steam? I always use distilled water with it so that the filter remains clean and the performance is not impeded. Since I hate cleaning my stainless steel appliances, I begin my cleaning by giving them a quick steam wipe (awkward to hold to do this, but so fast and effective) . Bissell 1867 'heats up' in a minute or two and then produces even and effective steam cleaning. I'd originally bought a different steam mop and returned it for this one - it's sturdy and simple construction means that it endures. Replacement washable micro-fibre pads are easily available online. I like using washable pads - the only things that are not perfect for my use is that I need to refill the water reservoir about 3x to do my floors and the cord isn't quite long enough. These are not big issues when it's a dependable time saver! (Tip - Do it on dry days and in winter cold days - so the floors dry faster and you're adding good humidity to your indoor air)

annou123 added a new review for