Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment Reviews

Ranked #34 out of 861 in Lip Balm

Fast acting relief for dry, chapped lips. Helps relieve the discomfort of cold. sores, fever blisters and sunburned lips.

March 09, 2017

Ce lypsil Blistex avec onguent medicamenté est mon premier choix depuis des années! Lorsque je ne le trouve pas en tue, j'achète le petit pot rond.
    L'application est facile et dès le contact avec les lèvres on sent le travail de réparation et d'hydratation fait pas celui-ci.
    Il ne sert pas de rouge à lèvres, n'a aucun brillant ou couleur mais fait son travail de soin des lèvres.

March 01, 2017

I cannot say how this performs with it's claims to relieving cold sores, as I do not normally get them, but I do suffer from extremely dry lips every now and then. I have been using this brand on and off for years and this is by far my favourite product of theirs.

It is smooth and soothing as soon as you apply it to your lips and a little goes a long way. I love to use it in the evening before bed so that any dryness, cracks, or flaky skin on my lips is resolved in the morning. I did not give this a perfect review as there are a couple of negatives that I experience.

First, often this will provide a great amount of moisture initially but you will need to reapply this or another product later in the day because it dries down after a while.
    Second, the applicator is a bit annoying. You have to be really careful of not squeezing out a large amount of product as the consistency is thin and creamy. There are ridges on the base of the applicator which allow the cap to fit securely, but sometimes these also peel and become sharp. Despite those couple of negatives, I still continue to use this when I need to and would still recommend.

March 01, 2017

This product is my HOLY GRAIL , not only is it soothing, and help fix chapped lips / prevent chapped lips.
    I use this under a Liquid Lipstick when it is PAINFULLY drying ! it doesn't effect the liquid lip sticks dry-down ( might cause a little transfer for the first 10 or so minutes ) and so so SO much more comfortable !

February 28, 2017

I have used this ointment a few times. It relieves discomfort tremendously. It has a bit of a numbing effect on the affected area which reduces the itching. Won't help things heal faster, but it keeps the area moist and reduces chances of cracking near the sore edges. It is more like a cream than a lip balm consistency and doesn't physically aggravate the skin during application. Smells a bit minty.

February 28, 2017

I am a regular in getting cold sores, especially during the winter months. I always try my best to keep on top of them, especially when I feel that little tingle, I know they are coming. I always have my Blistex medicated ointment on me, so anytime I think I feel one coming, I put it on right away. This really has helped keep them at bay, or not even developing. Its a good thing to have just as a preventative measure, and its super cheap compared to Abreva.

February 20, 2017

I love this lip gloss. I wear it every night. It helps keep my lips moist even on those cold dry nights. I wake up every day without chapped or cracking lips.

January 26, 2017

When ever I have very dry irritated lips I imediatley go for my blistex. I find instant relief and and I am not constantly reapplying as with other brands. I always have a tube in my purse!

January 26, 2017

I mom makes me buy her this product every 3 months. She sometimes gets cold sores and this helps heal them quickly and the irritation disappears instantly. They have improved the formula and it works much better now.

December 18, 2016

I bought this last year when my lips were super chapped and sore. The minty after feeling is lovely. It tingles and really does help heal your lips. The only annoying thing is that you have to make sure to put it on near a mirror, or else you risk having white clumps of product not rubbed into your lips, and that's never a good look.

November 28, 2016

amazing product. at the first sign of chapped lips i use this product and it heals immediately. it has a cooling sensation.you can use this product anytime even if your lips are not chapped and it will keep it moisturizer.

Hunty added a new review for
    Instagram App

Netflix

Old Navy Stores

gadzooks added a new review for
    Laughing Cow Cheese Cubes

she-she has started a new forum topic
    HELP! my skin has turned against me!

Bath & Body Works