• Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
  • Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil Reviews

Ranked #229 out of 944 in Facial Cleansers

June 26, 2016

This cleansing oil removes makeup, even the waterproof products with ease. I'm new to the double cleansing. I wanted to try this because soap can be drying and stripping, I was looking for a gentler approach.
To start off with, your skin, face and hands must be dry. Because when you add water it emulsifies and acts like a soap. To get the best results, you need to be dry, to get the benefits of makeup removal with oil. So you massage this all over your face dry, it feels thick like an oil, didn't burn/sting when I used it over my eyes, it took off my mascara and eyeliner completely. All traces of makeup are taken off when in the first oil phase. Then you add a bit of water and the oil turns into something similar to a soap, that's what rinses away all the products. Leaving your skin clean and not oily. Doesn't feel too drying. Makes taking off the day, easy and refreshing.

April 16, 2016

I have been using this moisturizer for approximately 5 years. It is an excellent cleanser as well as makeup remover. It removes foundation, mascara, lipstick, anything you can think of, with ease. In the dead of winter, my skin is always balanced and never dry, as with traditional foaming cleansers. In the summer, it keeps my skin balanced as well by drawing out the oils in my skin. I highly recommend!

September 28, 2015

Cleansing oils are now all the hype because it's been proven to remove makeup more efficiently -without stripping as much of your face's natural oils - than cleansing soaps and have less chemicals. The majority of breakouts is not from the makeup product itself but the remaining makeup staying on the skin for a long time.
So the main reason why I decided to give cleansing oil a try was because I previously used extra virgin olive oil, which worked really well. It removed makeup really easily but had a globby feeling and got into my eyes every single time and blurred my vision, so I needed a better alternative.

Official Claims:
• dissolves makeup
• refreshes face
• for all skin types - including eczema, blemishes, rashes

Ingredients:
• botanical oils (ie. jojoba extract, Eucalyptus leaf oil) - prevents skin irritation
• menthol - for cooling effect
• paraben, sulfate, phthalate free

Texture:
• almost scentless
• not too runny
• has a light feeling
• barely any noticeable tingling sensation from the menthol which is a plus

Application:
• rub in circular motions for 30-60 seconds and rinse off with warm water
• oil provides a smooth soft cushion for easy makeup removal
• a little goes a long way
• very gentle

Effectiveness:
• required longer gentle massaging time for stubborn products (waterproof)
• non-greasy feeling after removal
• works on EVERYTHING (mascara, lipstick, eyeshadow)
• didn't cause any breakouts

This is my go-to makeup remover since it's super effective for those nights where I barely have enough energy to do it!

June 14, 2015

My favourite makeup remover. This cleansing oil is so effective and does not leave an oily residue on my skin.

June 09, 2015

This product is a bit pricey but worth it. I love they way my skin feels after using it. One of the best cleansers I have used for eye makeup.

April 26, 2015

This is one of the best makeup-removers that iI have ever used. This cleanser comes in two sizes (1.7 and 5 oz). I was very pleased to receive the 1.5 oz bottle from BeautyBux since it is the perfect size for travelling! Two pumps is all you need to clean your face. The bottle stopper is a genius way to ensure that cleanser does not spill in your travel bag. Unlike most cleansers, this has an oily formula which helps clean away makeup and impurities. Every time I use this, I feel that I am giving my face the royal spa treatment. It essentially feels like massage oil on my face. Most importantly, this is great for people with dry or sensitive skin. I even felt that it helped moisturize my face. While it does an excellent job at removing most of my makeup, I have noticed that it is not effective on removing certain waterproof mascaras. Removing eye liner is also difficult. I recommend using cleaning your eye makeup with an eye makeup remover first, and then use the Boscia Cleansing Oil to any remaining residue.